'84 GS1150 alterations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'84 GS1150 alterations

Hey all. New to the forum. I've got a GS1150EFE and its had a few hard years. The cowlings are all banged up and warped so I decided to strip her down and go naked. So no I have the issue of how to remount my headlight and gauge cluster and not have it hanging a mile over the front. I'd like to keep the big ol' main lamp, but will eventually swap out the gauges when I can afford a new one. Any ideas. I've also go my rear shock gone. What would be a good replacement that won't break the bank. All help appreciated.

Attached Files

A Ducati 900 Monster shock works well. The headlight you will have to replace with an "E" unit as the ES headlight you have is missing parts to just install as is. You would need at least the 2 "ears" & the bucket, if the ES light will work with those parts. Good luck, those are EXPENSIVE parts you need.
    Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray. guess i better start searching if I want to get any time on her this summer. Our riding season up here is very short and I'd like to get a few miles under my belt before I forget haw to ride.

Comment

I think you'll have to swap the signals from front to back as well.

Comment

Not a fan of this look? I rode like this for a season after a get off......
          I think the gauge cluster is the same, but uses different mounts on the E model.
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Mark1, any chance of a better look at your bike? Looking for good replacements for all signals, mirrors and front brake handle. Wind took mike bike and pitched it last fall, cover acted like a parachute. We get some high winds in the fall up here.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Good mail order parts places.

Now that I have a few ideas of what to be looking for, does anyone have some spots I can look for the parts. I live in Canada too, so I'd be doing online mail order.

Comment

I have purchased parts from "Pousseaux" before and found him to be a pleasure to deal with. He sent me a full set of fairing for my EF for a very reasonable price. He's in Quebec too. He would probably be able help you. If you need a much closer look then you're welcome to stop by! That'd be a hell of a commute.
                Attached Files

Comment

Mark, hopefully mine will look that good again, some day. I have a 4-1 Supertrap pipe though. Guy I bought the bike from 10yrs ago gave me all the original parts from his upgrades. She has K&N breathers, heavy duty clutch, cams, 12..engine upgrade, plus a few other things, he use to drag her locally on old US Navy airstrip. She was dyno'ed in 2001 at 155Hp I think. Factory was 125Hp I believe. So she can go when working right. Still power to weight is nothing compared to new bikes, but I like my old girl. She was my first and I think I'll keep her for some time yet. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Ray any particular year of the Monster 900? I did a bit of searching and can't seem to find any dealers online.

Comment

I'm looking forward to my dyno session coming up. I have made sure everything is bone stock so I can get a good idea of what they started out with. Pretty sure that it's running as well as it can but that's a little presumptuous.

Comment

Ok guys, I've given up on the rear shock for now, cant find anyone that deals in Ducati parts and the Progressive substitutes are outrageous. The cost of the shock is more than the value of the bike. So that aside, I was looking at replacement signals, and am considering LED. I know I cant just plug in new LED light on the old system so what do I need to add and what's it going to cost me?

Comment

There are a bunch of M900 shocks on eBay for less than $100.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

seriously, thx. Guess I'll go look.

Comment

Working...
                            X