No announcement yet.

'84 GS1150 alterations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a bunch of dual shock sets, but I need a replacement for my mono shock, didn't see anything for less than $500.

Comment

No Monster has dual shocks.

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Thx, Pilot. But yet another seller not willing to ship to Canada???? The other ads though show two shocks in their listings for the Monster, makes no sense.

Comment

None of the ones Ray shared show two. Get one. I did.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Ray I guess I didn't know what to be looking for. The Showa styles will fit fine?

Comment

So Pilot you got one of the Chinese jobbies, the ones that sell by the pair? are they any good? I'm not a small dude and the roads around here are crap. I don't want to blow it out the first good dip I hit.

Comment

Uh, no. They do not come in pairs.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

This is the right modell: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ducati-Monste...item35eac0f0c8
                  Shock with resrvoir donīt fit the 1150 linkage.

Comment

NL, you will note that Sachs makes those shocks (in singles).
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      None of the ones Ray shared show two. Get one. I did.
                      Is this an upgrade or just a decent replacement? I yet to have any real issues with the stock unit for my wife and I or just myself. I really do like the work "upgrade" though.

Comment

It's a mild upgrade at best, but a better shock than OEM. If your shock is still original, I'd bet it's shot.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

It's a mild upgrade at best, but a better shock than OEM. If your shock is still original, I'd bet it's shot.

It actually still works very well. Still has the original chain too, at least I think it's original. It didn't have a master link.

Comment

How many miles on the bike, Mark?
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

How many miles on the bike, Mark?
                              30K so whatever that is in miles. I know it sounds ridiculous for an '84 to have the original chain but it's still well within specs. Even the little test of how it hangs on to the sprocket gives very little movement. I just wanted to take it off to soak it in gear oil for a couple days and that's when I was scratching my head because there was no master link.

Comment

Working...
                              X