No announcement yet.

'84 GS1150 alterations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 19K, OK. Mine had 17K when I bought it, but I had to replace the chain and sprockets right then. Sounds like the previous owner was fastidious with maintenance.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Hey guys, the shock would be a replacement. As far as I can tell it's original and th bike has 35k + on it. I sit on and it nearly bottoms out with the settings on max. I'm not small at 6'2" and 260lb but a good shock should not bottom out with just me sitting on.
      I wanted to ask about aftermarket speedo/tach cluster, are the cheap one from China a waste of money.?

Comment

Get an M900 (non-reservoir, as has been pointed out) shock and be done with it.
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Sorry to be such a pain guys, but I have another question. As I've removed all of the old fairings I need to remount the headlight and I'm going with new smaller signals, so I need to get some fork mount straps. What size are the fork tubes. I can't find it in the service manual and any of the fairly decant mounts I can find have little tolerance for various sizes.

Comment

I believe they are 37 mm.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Thx Pilot, that's what I figured. I'll have to find a pair of universal mounts and shim them them. Everything I can find is for 35, 39, and 41mm.

Comment

I dont know your budget, but there is a set of headlight brackets and a gauge bracket on e bay now. They are listed by Blowerbike, a member here.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

thx burger i'll go have a look.

Comment

Terry is a great guy.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

I went through buying one stock shock off e-bay which turned out to in worse shape than my shock. Got a refund and then started looking for used M-900 shocks. Ended up contacting British Cycle Supply and bought a new Hagon M63087 which is the correct Hagon replacement shock for the GS 1150. Hagon does not list the GS 1150 in their website application but BCS contacted the Hagon factory in England and they said the M63087 is the correct application. Got tired of screwing around with used parts which may or may not be in as advertised condition and bought a new shock with a warranty. Works great.

Comment

How is access for adjustment on that Hagon?
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                          A Ducati 900 Monster shock works well. The headlight you will have to replace with an "E" unit as the ES headlight you have is missing parts to just install as is. You would need at least the 2 "ears" & the bucket, if the ES light will work with those parts. Good luck, those are EXPENSIVE parts you need.
                          Ray.
                          Do these same Ducati shocks work on the GS1100E as well?

Comment

No, the Ducati Monster is a mono shock, same as the 1150. The 1100 is a twin shock bike.
                            Ray.

Comment

Ray, your patience simply amazes me!
                              I'm ripping my hair out reading this post. I must need my meds upped!
                              streetfighters

Comment

Working...
                              X