94 GSX parts on 78 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 GSX parts on 78 gs750

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody had experience using parts from a 94 gsx on a 78 GS 750? I would like to be able to use the brake rotors, brakes, front suspension, clip on or the rear sets and any other ideas? Found a wrecked bike with title on craigslist that has a parts bike to go along with it for cheap.

Look at All Balls Racing. They have a chart to tell you which bearings you need to swap a given front end onto a given classic bike.

Comment

Good info thanks, dose any one have any thoughts on Proformance gains or losses using that front end?
      Does anyone know if I could still use my front wheel and fender?

Comment

Well... look at the wheel bearing sizes for both bikes. I think they use the same axle diameter (makes things a lot easier), but I'm just guessing. Why would you want to use the original wheel and fender though? There's so much to gain from a complete GSX front end compared to stock.

Comment

Mainly cosmetic reasons, Want to keep some of the vintage look.

Comment

One of my projects used a GS 1000 OEM wheel with a GSXR 1100 K fork.
            It's described here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...t-wheels/page4
            Allthough it worked very well, in practice the steering becomes very heavy due to the combination of a 19" front wheel with the increased offset brought by the GSXR triples.
            Using an 18" front wheel improves the steering significantly.
            sigpicJohn Kat
            My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
            GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Working...
            X