Lectron Power Jet Upgrade!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lectron Power Jet Upgrade!!

I was looking to buy some power jet kits for my older Lectron 40 mm carbs. I have a newer set and they are already Power Jet Equipped. Where can I buy some power Jet kits I can drill tap the carb bodies myself Thanx (PS I'm in Ontario Canada)

Hi Mike, i sell Lectron carbs in the uk, www.suzukiperformancespares.co.uk , e mail Lectron direct: david@lectronfuelsystems.com im sure he will be able to help direct. cheers nick

Comment

Thanx Nick I had emailed him also. There used to be sets of them with the extra fine needle adjustment. Thanx Mike

Comment

Fast by Gast - 1-800-866-3880.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Thanx Tripp Isnt it fairly simple to install them drill and tap a Hole? Or is sending them off the way seems a bit drastic to me? I dont know why though. Perhaps yo ucould elaborate a bit regarding the Sending them of to Paul Gast? They are for a new engine I finished a 1428 , I have a powerjet 40 mm s lectron on my other engine the 1500 mtc .The powerjet carbs on the 1500 are quite responsive and Nice. !! Thanx appreciated Mike

Comment

3 hole diameters - 3 different tap sizes such as jet thread (who has that?) - jet cap thread (common)- and hose spigot (pipe?) -- not to forget getting the depth of the holes correct. I can do a lot on my own but not trying to do this.

I sent a set of 44s' and got them back in about 2 weeks. Cost me 'bout 200 with new float needles and gaskets. The shop is very trustworthy - they will set your needles to your engine spec too - so when you get them back you can measure the metering rod lengths and record it as a zero point before you put your own tune to it.

I have a regular set of 40mm on a 1500cc and I think I'll skip installing the pwr circuit this time , I have had some success with my old VW carb sync tool - and a laser pyrometer - I think lectrons are a acquired taste - but if your head has modified port spacing your choices are slim.

heck I am getting almost 30 mph increase in the second half of the quarter on motor only. self starter - She idles fine, takes 2 step at 4500 rpm... runs out great and my spark plug color is textbook -- I must have gotten a good set - because my last set - the 44s' on a 1428, same head -- were a bugger to keep running. totally different characteristics same carb mfg. different venturi size.

btw I love all mikuni carbs -- round slide / flatslide / CV -- I may try a set of VM individuals in the future , just for comparison. idle/2step/W.O.T.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Jeff, I have the set of Cone Carbs off Byron's Kawi Pro Stock bike! I measured them & they are 37.5.
              Ray.

Comment

Working...
              X