1100 brake calipers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 brake calipers ?

what brake calipers can i use on a pair of early gs1100 adjustable with no anti-dive forks?

i just found out my 79gs1000 calipers wouldn't line up to the brake holes on the newer 1100 forks, so i now need to see if i can find my self a pair of calipers to use. anyone have any recomendation. can i use a newer set of calipers like some off a new gsxr's or somthing. i would like to use the stock 19" wheel and discs that came with the front end as well.

if new hardware doesn't bolt right up anyone have any leads on some 1100e calipers for me? i have a bunch of front brake stuff for a gs1000 to trade, and a lester front wheel to that is nogiable.

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

if you are handy at cutting metal you might get some 1/4 " alluminum plate and build some brackets to go between your calipers and forks.

Comment

I do not believe any modern GSXR calipers will bolt on without fabricating attachment plates. The 1986-87 GSXR's are different (pre-Nissin) and interchangable with 1989-97 Katana's. These are probably your best bet in finding dual piston calipers to bolt up without fabrication. I would look on bikebandit.com to see if the mounting holes are similar or take one of your calipers to the salvage yard and see if they match up with anything more modern. I just bought an extra set of 1987 GSXR1100 calipers off Ebay for $15 for my 1993 Katana front end. Good Luck, Ed.
      1983 GS750ED
      Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

Comment

Your 79 probably has the round brake pad. 80 up GS used Sq pad and the spacing? was different for the calaper

Comment

Working...
        X