No announcement yet.

My friend needs advice- has 83 1100E and wants to set up for street/drag bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend needs advice- has 83 1100E and wants to set up for street/drag bike

Hi folks, ran into an old friend last night who is computer challenged so I said I'd ask here what's a good direction for him.
    He has just acquired an 83 GS1100E that has an aluminum 8" extended swing arm{inner/outer frame pivot attachment} and side winder 4 into 1 exhaust ....all stock after that. He wants this one to be a lowered street/strip bike. He wants both worlds so I thought I'd post here rather than the race forum.
    He wants a complete GSXR front end and a GSXR rear rim for a wider tire...We're guessing he'll need an offset front sprocket if he converts...has oem rear wheel now.
    Any suggestions for him that I can pass along?
    Thanks for looking.

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
    Any suggestions for him that I can pass along?
    BUTCHER ALERT !

Just kidding . Some here wont like the mods but you have to respect the time, effort, wrenching, and money put into a project like that. Id like to see (pics) it when hes done.

street/drag bike ?

Please tell him to refrain from riding through my (street) neighborhood with that sidewinder.
    Last edited by bonanzadave; 09-20-2015, 10:50 AM.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
      BUTCHER ALERT !

Just kidding . Some here wont like the mods but you have to respect the time, effort, wrenching, and money put into a project like that. Id like to see (pics) it when hes done.

street/drag bike ?

Please tell him to refrain from riding through my (street) neighborhood with that sidewinder.
      Lol...yeah, but that was already done for him by the PO...he wants to carry on what was started there. Me, I dropped the whole street racer thing eons ago with my Kawi H-2...Wally, not quite so much.{he had an H-2 as well}
      I didn't have my phone or camera with me, but now that i know where he lives I can rectify that.
      His bike is already repainted in blue with pin stripes...no oem paint. The extended rear arm with air chamber was already there....front ender was already cut to clear the odd tubing bends of the side winder exhaust, rear sets are not oem...it was being built for the same purpose my friend wanted cept he wants flat black paint and pin stripes when done.{his bike - his call}

Comment

Have your friend Call me at 714.356.784five
        I will be glad to help him. It's easier to give info over the phone for me too.
        Ray.

Comment

Working...
        X