Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81 GS1100E - 1134cc 10.25:1 vs 1260cc 10.25:1 wht to choose

Hello

I need help choosing between a 1134 and a 1260 cc kit.
    It's for street riding and a strong chance of track days. No drag.
    I know there is a lot more to this then simply choosing a kit and slapping it on.

I have not found a post on this subject, sorry, yes I did find posts but just bits of information but nothing concrete.

Is there a post of a complete build for the 1134 and the 1260?

What hp/torque would one get from a 1134 and 1260?
    Use stock valves?
    Proper head job?
    What $$ damage would one expect?
    Can I get away with a stock crank gear with welded clutch basket or do I need strait cut?

I want this thing to be bomb proof as I intend to to a lot of riding.

Call me at 714.356-784five. I build these & will tell you what you will need, to make it live & to make good power.
    Ray.

Comment

1260 kit is a very impressive increase in power. but a 1166 and a set of .348 cams (valve springs and a valve job) would do more to achieve your goal and create less heat without needing a bunch of aftermarket racing parts. you can get 110 plus at the wheel on pump gas CV carbs and a quiet street pipe.

At the shop I am at - using NEW parts the bill will be in the $3000 range parts labor machine work ... bring the bike in- pick up the bike up done . jetted, tuned, initial break in, head re-torqued. 2 oil and filter changes. I know the price because we just did a gs1150 1229 / drop in web cams he bought flatslides also - $3800 bucks and he got a ticket within a couple hours. - yeah his ticket was my fault too!

a 1327 will point out where your pizza cutter chassis is lacking -and brakes and clutch and - under 30 mpg.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
      X