Hooking Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooking Up?

Had some weird things happen other night at the track. I was going hammer o nit hard and the entire bike actually jumped in the air like quite a bit from the Pit crews explanations! Also them a frantic crazy lock to lock front handlebar shake ,quite impressive I must ad/ !! I have never had any of my bikes jump right into the air kinda fun but didn't feel really safe. Just wondering is it because of all the new engine horsepower? or...??? Ray maybe way too much horsepower? HMMM. Thanx Mike

Sounds like the clutch is too aggressive. Did you only make one run or did it only do it on one run? Also, how high are your wheelie bar wheels off the ground? Launch rpm? Is this a lockup or the slider?
    Ray.

Comment

Ray made one run no wheelie bar slider .050 air gap 2 step 5000 Mike

Comment

Originally posted by madmikeracing View Post
        Had some weird things happen other night at the track. I was going hammer o nit hard and the entire bike actually jumped in the air like quite a bit from the Pit crews explanations! Also them a frantic crazy lock to lock front handlebar shake ,quite impressive I must ad/ !! I have never had any of my bikes jump right into the air kinda fun but didn't feel really safe. Just wondering is it because of all the new engine horsepower? or...??? Ray maybe way too much horsepower? HMMM. Thanx Mike
        There is no such thing as to much horsepower.... lol. Excuse my sarcasm. It was a long day at work. No disrespect intended
        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

ok 5000 is too high to 2 step a slider. the purpose is to get locked up early and roll the bike forward - not slam and wheelie uncontrollably.

Need to know-- successful slider clutch users launch at a much lower RPM than a normal clutch or lock up clutch bike. forget air gap for now- that tuning detail has nothing to do with what you have going on besides - .050 is too tight easily .070 ~ .110 will work like clockwork. even a little more gap is still FINE.

#1. what springs are you running? ( MTC light, MTC medium? )- what is the spring height? .750 or shorter? #1 most important detail - period.

#2. How much lock up weight do you have on each arm -#2 most important detail --
          #3. what is RPM is your stall set at?
          #4. What is your final gearing? ---- those are the FIRST 5 questions you need to answer to get some expert assistance. .
          Last edited by trippivot; 09-27-2015, 11:30 AM. Reason: ok so I had 5 questions in there not 4
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

post-1-41149-crach3.jpg here is too much horsepower @ the wrong time . WHOOOO!!! or too much lock up - or his schnitz box malfunctioned.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I am new to slider clutches so far and like it but...( I am running a NO Bar Bike now and thought slider better) I used to use the MTC Lockup (with wheelie bars its cut 1.14s 60 feet) ) it was good still have it on other engine the little one 1428. I shall have to get into the slider and do some research. I dont know much about them so far. Thanx Mike

Comment

Too Much Horsepower

HA HA HA I was kidding bout the HP thing, I am always looking for more but I think ive reached the limits of the old GS s so far. Im not into pro stock stuff ,last thing is better setup get slider tuned or junk it and go back to bar and lockup. Maybe smaller engine instead of 89 mm ? A hayabusa Turbo? gadzooks I have so many gs engines ,,ha ha any how Thanx Mike

Comment

Had new idea . I been dieting? Got down to the skinniest Ive ever been, On digital scales a scant 227.4 pounds, Now hookup issues going to scrap diet and back to burger king till 260 again, Mike That should keep both wheels on the Ground!!Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X