Suzuki Clutches. !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Clutches. !

MTC chrome plated steel plates for clutch. Anyone use them? I was curious if the chrome flakes of or comes of? Im refreshing my Lock up clutch to replace my slider I had bought and wondered about the chrome aspect on the steel plates ? Thanx Mike

Mike, we use the chrome plates on sliders without issue & I have never had the chrome flake. I have never used the chrome plates with a lock up though.
    Ray.

Comment

Thank you Ray I will try some out, Thanx Mike

Comment

Many Many years ago I raced a 792 Kaw triple, I had sandblasted the old metal clutch plates at very low air pressure (prevent warping) Like 50 pounds, then had the plates copper plated, Then springs and bolts never had a slip issue , I thought the copper plateing was soft so would grip better. Mike

Comment

did you say Copper?

Solid copper plates - check -

the top left is a chrome steel - and to the right are stock OEM --- I prefer to use OEM steels in all applications.

as for fibers --

all the big guys package OEM factory - NOT K&L they are different material all together - they have been my favorite for a few years for 2 specific reasons - they change colors with the heat cycles they go thru - start green and end brown. .119" new and I toss them when they wear down to .110", and compared to OEM the V.R.T. remains absolutely predictable hot or cold. delay box racing is very precise.

. Now there is another company K G moving into the wet clutch biz..

and I will be using their fibers next season.
          Last edited by trippivot; 10-03-2015, 12:21 PM.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
          X