Ignition Choice and NOS Controller choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition Choice and NOS Controller choice

Well..have decided to no longer run the shnitz boxes, ,,,had enough,, I wonder what you guys have had GOOD LUCK ?? WITH USING?? MSD? or...dyna seems iffy,,,anyhow thanx Mike

The schnitz Boxes seem nice but mine occasionally just quits, The engine just stops for no reason, someone suggested the Firestorm unit but once bitten twice shy, I bought a dyna 2000 unit and will try it with a suitable NOS controller, Mike

Comment

All the guys I have ever talked to about the Schnitz boxes have told me that if you use the Schnitz box, you need 3 of them. One on the bike, a spare in the trailer & one will always be back at Schnitz for repair!! True story!!!
      Ray.

Comment

Yeah Ray I ve heard that also now what to do with my collection? I doubt anyone would even buy one , Oh well another piece of Junk for the Junk shelf, along with broken cranks rods pistons valves clutches , tranny gears yaddah yaddah, ha ha Mike Oh Ray you have a set of 1100 straight cut gears in decent shape for sale? Lemme know please Thanx Mike

Comment

the instant the scrolling text has errors - you have a problem. but you probably already know that. Dyna ignition products are the best you can get. stay away from MSD for your GS. people use it, but I bet they wonder why they toss cranks so often.

have you heard about the Wizards of Nitrous? - their metering method makes more sense than the established NOS or NX. I was impressed when I read about it.

I have NOS stand alone progressive box. don't use the stuff but I have a couple complete nitrous wet kits.

Orient Express has a gear set for under $500.
          Last edited by trippivot; 11-10-2015, 11:10 AM.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Yes Trip I have had those errors, Back in the eighties on our old 8 second bike we ran the MSD with plug in rev control chips, never had a issue except it seemed hard on batteries, Maybe a electric cordless drill setups best for ignition systems now/ Whats you're opinion on those? You run one/ I don't need to mess with schnitz boxes as I don't get to run my bike much with work and other hobbies. I like it all to work when I take it out and getting a couple runs on a schnitz box before troubles sucks the bone kinda. Thanx for reply Mike

Comment

EPA and weak batteries gets me fired up!

there are a couple guys that use the drill batteries - but you have to have 4 or 6 of them and rotate them every round -and they shadow quickly - I do not like that- plus my set up is self starting so I need 2 medium sized batts via. pair of 12 or 14 Amp/hr to get the job done. Cashio stated a 12 and a little 5 will do the job - however I like overkill reliability. and I want my $400 starter motor to live!

. I have used a FBG orange battery but did not see the value - got it in a bike I purchased used and kept it alive as long as I could. - changed to a Odyssey brand from batteries plus - got 7 duty cycles from the first one and warrantied it (had to forfeit at a race because of it)- second one got about 10 duty cycles ( same thing lost entry money thanks to a bad battery) - warrantied it and complained directly to Odyssey - the third was a good one that lasted a couple years. Batteries plus can fade away as far as I am concerned. they certainly rely on a warranty and hope you lose the receipt. the hassle when they tell you your battery has no problem right after it ruined my day - So I nuked that sumbitch with my load tester until it shorted and went back to the store - oh it seems you have a bad battery sir.... yeah thanks teen ager.

Today I have a pair of Yuasas' a YTX14 and a YTX12 to do the job and it is head and shoulders above anything else - I use 24dcv to start it and 12dcv to run the ignition -Dyna"S" and 3 ohm coils pull a 5~7 amp draw.

yuasa and interstate batteries have been a favorite of mine and I should have never been a copy cat at the drag strip - all those "special batteries" are a waste of time.

Dynatek gets a A+ in my book 100% sp 4000 and .7 coils , dd2000-4 -with instant retard.... and the ultra simple "S" using 3 ohm coils are the best products you can buy -

progressive controllers? wish I knew a better alternative - the schnitz box does exactly what you need but why it has not been upgraded to military grade in beyond me -- I had problems with my Biondo delay box - and they filled it with hot melt glue to counteract the vibrations, which worked like a charm almost 10 years going - maybe that is what is needed for schnitz box to live longer? -

anyone else want to chime in?
              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Ok, I'll chime in! I wouldn't run a Schnitz box if they were SPONSORED to me!!! As far as I'm concerned, they are junk!
                Ray.

Comment

Working...
                X