Mtc or wiseco ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmikeracing View Post
    CP,,JE which is better if any difference?
    Originally posted by rapidray View Post
    JE is a new ZO6 & CP is F1 This is just a fact.
    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      From 3 posts ago. http://www.gszone.biz/
      I am sure this gentleman can take care of your crank and piston kit needs.
      If it is not twisted, we do the welding.
      Speed Merchant
      http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Originally posted by gs11ezrydr View Post
        As I remember the MTC uses a little larger piston to cylinder clearance then Wiseco. MTC .005 compared to .003 with the Wiseco's. When measuring them they also had a little more taper. I can say I have installed some MTC pistons and noticed that they rattled or you may say slapped in the bores a little more during warm up before they quieted down. Therefore I thought they may cause the piston skirts and cylinder walls to wear out quicker. I stand to be corrected but that may be a deciding factor on which ones to use for durability.
        MTC actually set up very tight. Only pistons I have seen that sets up at .005" would maybe a Venolia.
        Speed Merchant
        http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Sorry about the wrong numbers I reread the instructions since then and it should have been .0005-.001 for the MTC's . Thanks for the correction.
          sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

I've been running a set of old clearance-sale NOS 72mm 920cc GS750 pistons from MTC Engineering for 3 seasons now, & running them very hard at that. No problems, no burning oil, no piston slap. I do take Ray's well versed opinion pretty seriously, however. If I can afford to, I may go CP on the next 6 pistons to make a 944cc GS750 & 489cc or maybe same as above for 502cc in a GS425 with GS850 sleeves.
            Last edited by Chuck78; 09-19-2016, 07:15 PM.
            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
            '79 GS425stock
            PROJECTS:
            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Working...
            X