'83 gs750es overhaul reccomendations requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sidd,
    I have an 18 x 3.50 rear rim from an 86-88 GSXR750 for sale.
    A 140 rear tire is standard for that rim.
    Shoot me a PM or email if your interested in it.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by ronin1166
      Gotcha. That Kat cockpit is mighty cramped for Bling.
      What you really need is an electronics geek (who will work for beer), to determine what makes the Daytona display tick, then devise a tweak to accept an oil-pressure sender input.

Wouldn't know where to find 'em, but I know they're out there. Just fire up the geek-detector and sniff 'em out. Got any electronics tech schools nearby? Or find some kind of E-Geek Forum on the net.

Ted
      It doesn't seem that difficult to me. its is just software. Another algorithm to interpret the signal. I have been looking for the makings to put one together.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

an update:
        I got the front end on the bike:

Not seen in that picture is the fork brace that I got in trade for making a one off fork brace for a friend. I also got these, traded to the same guy for a set of 36's from ebay:

and, after waiting for two weeks for it to ship from canada, my new exhaust finally arrived:

Its the above mentioned yoshimura duplex race system. Looks to be stainless steel, with 4-2-1 pipes w/crossovers, and quick release header. Compairing it to the stock unit, the header looks like it will definately fit. The midpipe is still an unknown, but I've been introduced to a guy that can do miracles with a TIG welder (I'm not good enough to do exhaust pipes yet)

Along with the front end, I got a matching 4.5" gsxr wheel and hardware:

It came with some fading yellow paint over the stock white, so I spent 5 hours sanding one side until it was smooth, then decided to use paint stripper on the other side. Unfortunately, the stripper also removed all the paint that was smoothing out the pits from casting. Next time I'll get them powder coated, thanks. I think the paint job came out pretty good for something done with spray cans on my deck. Little known fact: I have a moth wing in my wheel! The little bugger got stuck (probably attracted to the flashlight I was using to paint at night) and I grabbed him off of the wet paint with a pair of tweezers, though his wing stuck. Luckly it was thin enough that it didn't show under a layer of paint

So, I'm waiting on a caliper hanger to go with the wheel, and a caliper. It sounds like I need a katana caliper, so thats what I'm looking for. If anyone knows of one, by all means let me know, otherwise I'll be looking on ebay.

Thanks for all the responses! I'll be sure to update with more news soon
        -sBs

Comment

I've got a kat hanger and I think a rear caliper. I will have a look.

the goodies look nice.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

The midpipe looks to be the proper Yosh piece.

Comment

that is a real nice looking wheel mate. add a polished hub and sprocket and look out.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Sidd, let me know how that exhaust works out. I need a new pipe for my bike and like the looks of the one you ordered. Thanks, Ed.
                1983 GS750ED

Comment

Sidd,
                  Any plans for your old exhaust system?
                  And if you're looking to get rid of it...

Anbody think (or know) it would fit on an '80 GS1100E?

Ted

Comment

I wouldn't mind giving it up, but its not in that great of shape. First off, it has a leak between the header and midpipe, which should be fixable with a clamp. Second, it has more than its fair share of scrapes and dents ( bad streets + agressive rider +low front end = *crunch* ) On top of that, the header is pretty much covered in a light layer of rust. That said, it still seems to work great, and sounds great. Oh, and the can makes a rattleing noise time to time. On a positive note, I'd let it go for next to nothing. If you''re still interested, PM me and I'll send some pics.

Comment

Ted,
                      The '83 and up 700/750 models had a smaller port diameter than your 1100.

Comment

Thanks, Billy.
                        That's what I needed to know.

Ted

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on Tony Deiters GS1100 intake cam suggestion? (see above)

I'm no where near needing to upgrade my engine...I need to get it on the road first... but its the kind of thing I'd be looking for an answer to if I was!

Mac

Comment

Working...
                          X