Throttle and clutch cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle and clutch cables?

Building a '78 gs750 cafe racer and looking for a source for shorter clutch and throttle cables. The new clip on handlebars are a bit shorter than original.

Thx. Bill

use the cables from a gs1100. they are shorter. I did that with my gs850
    sigpicA distinguished Gentleman's ride

1981 Suzuki GS850gl, Café Racer!

Built, not Bought!

Comment

That's good to know.... someone also suggested I look at motion pro, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian8apilot View Post
        That's good to know.... someone also suggested I look at motion pro, Thanks
        Motion pro is probably fine, however, I'm also looking for shorter cables and my local speed shop suggested that I call Barnett (USA). They apparently make shorter cables. It appears that they require one to call them: "TO ORDER CUSTOM LENGTH OR "ONE OFF" CABLES, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 805-642-9435 AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU".

Comment

How about cables from a gs 1000s the bars are shorter. because im putting Renthal 755 bars on my GS1000c
          Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2017, 12:59 AM.

Comment

If you are confident in soldering new cable ends on you can cut your existing cables to any length you want.
            Current:
            Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
            VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
            And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Motion sell a kit to make your cable,
              You can buy only the end you need too.
              This is the kit I have,
              Marc
              https://fortnine.ca/en/motion-pro-ca...IaArOQEALw_wcB
              AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
              1978 GS1000C X2
              1978 GS1000E X2
              1979 GS1000S
              1979 gs1000
              1983 gs400e

Comment

Canadian8apilot I am actually looking for the same thing for the exact same year and model. You’ll have to let me know if you have any luck with anything

Comment

Working...
                X