Performance shop in Mass ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance shop in Mass ????

A few years back I was in a performace shop in Mass . This guy built race engines , had an in house motor dyno , etc. He had a beautiful resto mod type GS1000S . Can't find his business card - it was near Athol. Anyone help me out ??

Allsport cycle in Orange mass
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
      Allsport cycle in Orange mass
      Thats the guy I used to tune my ‘86 gsxr1100. did a nice job with it.

I also still have a photo of the GS1000S and it is now a 1200S. Tasetful done job on it too.
      Last edited by tas850g; 12-05-2017, 10:18 AM.
      1979 GS850G
      2004 SV650N track bike
      2005 TT-R125 pit bike
      LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

My understanding was he "Allsport" use to be a mechanic for road race teams in California before moving back to Mass to open his shop. His extended family owns most of those businesses and land in that area at the intersection of Rt. 202 and Rt. 2.

By the way some of the best riding roads in Ma are near by.

He did a decent job on dialing in my RS carbs, which was my one experience with him.

I've seen mixed reviews on his skills as a business owner / mechanic.

The other performance shop in the area (also with a dyno) is Harry's Machine Shop in Northboro on Rt. 9. I would have to give him mixed reviews as well. He takes on more work than he can handle. Does a good job in the end, but on his schedule not yours.

Comment

Awesome help guys - that was the place !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
            Thats the guy I used to tune my ‘86 gsxr1100. did a nice job with it.

I also still have a photo of the GS1000S and it is now a 1200S. Tasetful done job on it too.
            The Gs1000 was not an S it was a E , cloned to look like an S with mono shock and a 1200 Bandit front end and motor. The 1200 has been replaced with one of his built 1100 GSXR motors , up around 150 hp if I remember correctly.
            I was there earlier this year to try and get him to degree the cams and Dyna tune Roadkill for me but he had some family issues going on and wasn't interested at the time.
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
            X