usd front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usd front end

hey i have looked here to see if the are any upside down front end swaps but did not find loads of info on it ,
    im looking do to a usd fornt end in my gs1000 79 but the questioin is witch front end are the easyest to use , suzuki gsxr kawa yama ?
    would like to use my stock wheel
    any suggestions ? ore link to thread ?

Requirement to use stock wheel will cause you the most work around and will limit the positive effects of a front end swap. 92-95 GSXR1100 are the longest forks but not the sexiest looking i.e. silver.

Yamaha alternatives would be rsu forks and would probably require stem swaps but might be longer than usd alternatives. There are some pages on the web which compile all the various fork lengths and diameters. Easiest is always buying a complete front with wheels and brakes included.

Personally I wouldn't bother doing the swap if I weren't changing to radials. USD forks by themselves probably won't be as transformative as you might believe.

Not what you want to hear, but a more cost effective approach is to buy a semi-modern bike (ZRX, FZ1, Bandit, 929) for less than $3000 and leave your 79 stock.

Type in GSXR fork lengths to Google search window and you'll get pages similar to this one http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=53934 Look for forks that are greater than 30" in length. Better yet find someone else that has done what you want in the project section and read about their trials and tribulations. Might also find projects on custom fighters and old skool suzuki.

Comment

thank you already a usefull tip
      its already a cafe racer and its winter so i was looking to something to do so ,,,,
      has floating disks on it , and now i have in my mins to do a usd front end

Comment

Look in the Suspension forum, there are lots of threads on fork conversions.

Mark
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Bandit 1200 Gen 1 forks, wheels, and swingarm with a RF900 lower triple tree. As close to plug and play as you will get. Not USD but you can use 120 and 190 radials and huge brakes, plus save 50 pounds. I owned a Bandit, same performance but lighter. Great fun...

Last edited by bobgroger; 12-11-2017, 12:15 AM.
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

That looks great.
            83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

so i purchased a zx9r usd front side but the bearings ,,,,, if the with is 2mm smaller would i have isseus,,, 35x55x17 would be a perfect fit but they do not make those, so a 35x55x15 does but is 2mm smaller in with,,
              ore would be the easyest thing a new steerin stem , youre toughts ,?,

Comment

Working...
              X