No announcement yet.

1100 arrived today! Yeeeee-haaa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falicon balanced, welded and replaced the one end on my GS1000 crank Mark for just under 800.00

Comment

800 huh?....

I'm shining my pennies.

Comment

check it out boys...

Lightened and balanced your crank 199.00
        welded for another 59.00

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I'm back from my trip...made a little coin....and now it's 1100 time!

I'm going to tear into it tomorrow and see if anything else is buggered. I hope all goes well. I'll try and get some more photos up as soon as possible. I'ts gonna be warm soon, so I gotta get moving.

I will have $1000 (initially) to budget out as wisely as possible. Any money suggestions from past rebuilds (where to spend/where to scrimp) would be appreciated.

I'm looking for 120 HP at the crank....just a good reliable street motor for what will hopefully be the meanest old 7/11 in Fayetteville NC.

Comment

I got the motor stripped down, should crack the cases tomorrow night.

There was some rust in the #1 cylinder (the only one), leading me to believe that someone tried to start it after water got into it, and hydrolocked the motor...busting the starter clutch in the process.

The pistons have ART and L2 on the underside of the piston...and a small 21 stamped into the wrist-pin boss. The tops only have an arrow.
            Are these stock pistons?

The crank feels nice and smooth, and the rods have very little side play (don't have a dial indicator)

Can the crank be straightened without taking it apart?

Comment

Rock on Mark! Keep at it man
              Spring is coming...

Comment

Working...
              X