81 gs 1100e street/strip build start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs 1100e street/strip build start

Hi guys , so glad i found this site.I need help with a 81 gs1100e street/strip build.last two bikes were 07 gsxr 750 and 07 gsxr 600 , both were very simple to add power and performance.iv been reading lots on this gs1100 and want to be able to pull newer 600s.so far only pods and jetted. Im looking for a 4-1 exhaust leaning toward yoshi , thinking of going -1 in front spocket and +2 rear.im reading up on 88/89 gsxr 750 head swap .any knowledge really appreciated.what are best mods i can do ? I really enjoy the shop time working on bikes. Id be really happy to have a streetable 10 sec toy... thanks guys

Originally posted by Gsxr7 View Post
    Id be really happy to have a streetable 10 sec toy... thanks guys
    You're not that far - I think yours ET'd at 11.1 when new. Two years later, in '83' the model with the fairing (ESD?) was Cycle World's first bike to break into the tens with a 10.99.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Some 1150 drop in cams might wake it up a little.If you hot rod it much with that small end crank and webs unwelded, I've seen them break and or twist the LH crank end.Twist them out of index etc..High volume oil pump gears help,H.D. clutch basket H.D.clutch nut ...Head work is about 70% increase depending.Those 600's are quick. I would recommend a rev limiter. Might save the whole show.Try not to decell under a load.Pull the clutch and chop the throttle.Save that crank end..Good luck.We out ran several current 750"s at the shop with a slightly modified 1150 Pulls like a tractor lol.Peace
      sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

what progress have you made? curious to see how it is coming along.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

@ Gsxr7, PM sent.

Comment

My son had a gsxr600, I could just barley stay ahead of him to bout 100mph.
            I have the small chain conversion, up 1 tooth on rear. Pods, header,filter charger jet kits,g3 cams, 1166 kit. I limit my rpm to 9k. It has lots of bottom. Mine weighs 499lbs with 1/2 tank fuel. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X