Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New decals suzuki clutch/ignition removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New decals suzuki clutch/ignition removal?

Hi Guys,

I ordered a brandnew original oem decalplate for my gsx750 1980.

Any tips to remove the old one without damaging?

Much obliged,

Yoan.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2019, 11:44 AM.

A hot air gun will soften the double sided tape adhesive on the backside of the emblem, then you can take an exacto knife blade or similar and lift the badge off. If necessary a putty knife under the badge after you get an edge up may help.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

thx nessism.

Comment

I have not removed one of these emblems, but have done similar badges on other things. Like Ed wrote, heat it up, but I would add to give some fishing line a try, once you get it lifted, use the line like a saw to cut through the adhesive.
        1981 Suzuki GS250T
        1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
        1985 Suzuki GS550E
        2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

Thx fbody_mike.

Comment

Get the engine hot, that helps better than heat gun. I ruined mine taking them off, but new ones are going on mine also. While that emblem is off, it's an excellent time to polish the alum covers.

Comment

Got mine on! Because these were 30 year old NOS Suzuki parts, I took some extra care installing. I cleaned and polished the whole cover. I then used laqure thinner to clean where emblem goes. Then red scotchbrite, then laqure thinner again. Because the 3M adhieive was so old I thought it needed some insurance , that it would stick. I used jb kwik. I put a dab at 12,3,6,and 9 o-clock, close to the edge on cover, and a dab in center.
              peeled adhieive cover off emblem, applied with light pressure. Then with 3in masking tape, I taped the emblem, side to side, and top to bottom. After that, I used 2 bungee cords to go over the tape on emblem. Left for 24 + hours.
              I like them!
              Attached Files

Comment

Both side decals are available direct from your local Suzuki dealer, they are Aus 14-15 each decal over here from two separate dealers. It is
                amazing what new stock is available and the pricing is not bad, generally better than marked up ebay prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickta View Post
                  Both side decals are available direct from your local Suzuki dealer, they are Aus 14-15 each decal over here from two separate dealers. It is
                  amazing what new stock is available and the pricing is not bad, generally better than marked up ebay prices.
                  Totally agree Rickta! Although the Suzuki dealers here in Perth don't carry much stock, Mick Hone in Victoria has a heap of OEM parts in stock. I've ordered heaps from him for my '78 750E and delivery is just 2 days.
                  Cheers, Andy

Current bikes... 78 GS750E, 72 CB500K1
                  Previously owned...
                  01 VFR800Fi, 67 Honda Sports 90
                  71 Yamaha 175 CT2, 73 Yamaha RD250 (great bike!), 79 Yamaha XT250T
                  75 Kawasaki KX125 (little screamer!)
                  BMW R65, BMW R80, BMW R100LT

Comment

Mine were 19 ea, 39 for the pair. Fair price I thought. Never even thought bout a dealer having one?

Comment

Working...
                    X