Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very slight wobble when shut off the throttle at 100mph or more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gurus on this forum always have great advice. Glad your bike is safer. Hopefully, you won't need to be taking your hands off the bars at supralegal speeds too often.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      The gurus on this forum always have great advice. Glad your bike is safer. Hopefully, you won't need to be taking your hands off the bars at supralegal speeds too often.
      yea, my wife doesn't understand ,Why I would remove my hands from bars at 80+mph, lol.
      If u ant lived on bikes since you was 14, u just don't understand??!!lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 81gs7501166 View Post
        yea, my wife doesn't understand ,Why I would remove my hands from bars at 80+mph, lol.
        If u ant lived on bikes since you was 14, u just don't understand??!!lol.
        Ah, but I have, and I still don't.
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

You've really never removed hands, just for a second or 2 to c if it tracks straight?
          I'm not one of these wild riders, never was. Streets are too dangerous.
          Bike seems to be ok now. I've made a couple more tweaks to the chain adjuster,
          maybe next summer I'll do the sonic springs . I'm 61 and my burst to 100mph are minimal.

Comment

Not at 80+, but I'm just giving you a ribbing. I'm seriously glad the bike is coming into line.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

It's much better now, even at low speeds, the 1/2in spacer allows no air needed in forks. The alignment allows equal left and right effort to turn. I feel safer now.

Comment

It's much better now, even at low speeds, the 1/2in spacer allows no air needed in forks. The alignment allows equal left and right effort to turn. I feel safer now.
                Now if you can just figure out how to get that bike in your signature off the ceiling.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Now if you can just figure out how to get that bike in your signature off the ceiling.

When your bike is upside down, riding with no hands is a real feat.

"Look Ma, no hands!" is frequently followed by pain, blood and crying - "Help Ma, help!"
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I'll take a new pic, and try to get it right. I'm not the most teck savy guy?
                    it's right side up in my gallery, but when I load on this forum it flips.
                    I'll turn my iPad upside down and try again.

Comment

Also looking for ideas on wheel color ? I'm tired of the body color wheels.
                      I'm considering bronze, gold,gun metal grey, and gloss black?
                      opinions?
                      other options?
                      Is their a web site that I can change wheel color and get an idea of the look?
                      thanks.

Comment

I'll take a new pic, and try to get it right. I'm not the most teck savy guy?
                        it's right side up in my gallery, but when I load on this forum it flips.
                        I'll turn my iPad upside down and try again.
                        I'm a right handed man, using a left hand operated camera function, it now is off the ceiling, lol.

Comment

Sig pic is flipped.

Wheel suggestions:
                          Stock wheels are a very dark gray. On my black bike, with the black and 'chrome' theme for the engine and the black forks, I went with a gloss black wheel. I have also done this for the other GSes in the stable.

My bike:

Wife's bike:

#1 son's (former) bike (now sold):

#2 son's bike:

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

That black do look good! Im thinking that gold stripe color on the first bike fairing , might go with my burgundy? I'd like a little bling, without being too loud?
                            takes a while to prep and tape them, I don't want to do it but once?
                            Thanks.

Comment

I’ve had a front wheel wobble at speed ever since I put a slipstreamer clear windshield on. If I let go at about 30 mph it will start a light wobble that gets worse.At higher speeds it still shakes and will go to a tank slapper.If I keep my hands on the bars it’s straight as can be without a hint of wobble. Everything is mechanically perfect,alignment spot on. Tire wear even. Take it off and no wobble at any speed. It is handlebar mount with lots of adjustments so I had to measure as I tighten it down. It’s as even and square as possible with measurements equal all around. Been like that for many years and I just make sure I keep my hands on the bars.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Can you adjust the brackets on the windshield to change the angle of the plastic slightly?
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X