Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 year old NOS engine side cover emblem install, my way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 year old NOS engine side cover emblem install, my way!

I posted a similar response on another thread, but thought I'd do a how to!
    Because these were 30 year old NOS Suzuki parts, ebay seller( jrwdfa ), has several different years, I took some extra care installing. I cleaned and polished the whole cover. I then used laqure thinner to clean where emblem goes. Then red scotchbrite,where my extra adhesive will be, then laqure thinner again. Because the 3M adhieive was so old I thought it needed some insurance ,so that it would stick. I used jb kwik(300 degree constant, and higher intermintiant ). I put a dab at 12,3,6,and 9 o-clock, close to the edge on cover, and a dab in center. I then peeled adhieive cover off emblem, applied with light pressure. Then with 3in masking tape, I taped the emblem, side to side, and top to bottom. After that, I used 2 bungee cords to go over the tape on emblem. Left for 24 + hours.
    They look better than imagined! Might be overkill, but @ 40$ a set, I didn't want to do it twice! He has several different styles. Also a vendor out of Canada has decals, to cover faded emblems, that are still in good shape. I just searched GS engine emblems? Money well spent!
    Attached Files

Other side. And no that ant a GS in the back ground, it's a 76 CB750 super sport.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X