does anyone know if it will fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know if it will fit

i know i know it is a honda part, but will the front end off of a cbr 900 rr will fit my gs 1100, the length atleast, the stem, and a drop tripple i can get made.

oh yeah a 97 fork with the 16 inch wheel

Comment

It should, but it certainly wont be a bolt on fit , and tyres for it are harder to get as well.
      Dink

Comment

i know i know it is a honda part, but will the front end off of a cbr 900 rr will fit my gs 1100, the length atleast, the stem, and a drop tripple i can get made.
        If you are willing to make a new stem and possibly a new top triple, there are almost no forks that won't fit your GS. You don't say which model you have, so OEM fork length will vary from model to model. The forks on my 82 1100E are about 31" long from center of axle to the top of the tube. Your CBR forks will certainly be shorter than that and you will lose another 1" or so of ride height with a 120/70-17 front tire over the stock 19" one. Your CBR 16" tire will be close to the same rolling radius as the 17". So figure on losing a couple of inches of front ride height at a minimum. As compensation, the CBR fork will likely ride higher in its stroke, which effectively gives more ground clearance. Especially if your stock forks are running the sacked out stock springs.

I agree with Dink (twice in one week! ), the 16" front is harder to find rubber for and your choices will be limited. A 17" rim is a much better choice overall.

If you are willing to make a new stem and/or triple, I would just find a good early 90's GSXR front end and spend your money on that instead. It will bolt straight on with less work and time spent in the shop.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark m

I agree with Dink (twice in one week! ),

Mark
          Mark this getting scarey 8O 8O
          Dink

Comment

I have an extra triple tree from a 97 900RR, I can take measurements of the stem if your still thinking of making the conversion.

Comment

Working...
            X