Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&W Street Stroker shocks ?

hey guys,

you guys know anything about S&W Street Stroker shocks. are they any good, what bikes did these shocks go on. the ones i found have eyes on both ends so they would only fit my 550 not the 1000.

thanks for any feed back

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

I saw a set on an 82 gs1100E. I think they are equiv. to progressives entry level shocks.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

are you getting the same size shock, or are these shocks longer?

Comment

I had street strokers back in the 80s..are they still making them? Thought they quit years ago as I was unable to replace them. I though they worked great.

The ones I had were gas charged, two springs each side to give progressive rate suspension. Multi valve damping (6 or 8 stages I think from memory). I had them on my GS1000 with the clevis bottom. I got 48,000kms out of them. The first staged in the damping had gone, so was very bouncy on smooth roads at speed. On bumpy roads still ok. I would have put some more on if they still made them (1984).

Comment

they are 13.5" same length as the 550's i found them for auction are they worth 75 to get and put on the 550?

unforutently htey don't have the clevis mout kind only eye mount.

-ryan
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

If they are guaranteed to be hardly used, perhaps, but mounting is one problem. Also, depends what bike they are off. The springs may be set up for a much heavier bike.

Comment

I had a set of those back in early 80's on my 1000. The seals leaked after just 8 months. 6 month warranty, not rebuildable. Never bought their stuff again.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

They were gas charged and not rebuildable. I wore mine out, at least the first stages of the damping. Sounds like they may be a bit variable then, as I thought they were great until I got the Fournales.

Before that I had blown the seals on one set of rebulidable shocks a few times, so I gave up on them. Harsh riding too. (An Italian brand starting with M)

Comment

Originally posted by saaz
                  An Italian brand starting with M)
                  That would be Marzzochi. (spelling?) I had a set of those too. The red ones with the seperate air/gas chamber.
                  Hey!! You been copying me?
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

That was years ago (just 20!!). I should have kept a set of spare shocks for those time you need to get the good ones serviced..but then that is what an extra bike is for, to save money

Comment

Working...
                    X