stock seat attachment 78 GS 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock seat attachment 78 GS 1000

When I bought my bike a previous owner had changed the seat, harley sportster. I have purchased a stock seat but I don't see how it bolts on. My old 78 GS750 had hinges but I don't see any on this seat. Can someone help me out?

Re: stock seat attachment 78 GS 1000

Originally posted by Jkev
    When I bought my bike a previous owner had changed the seat, harley sportster. I have purchased a stock seat but I don't see how it bolts on. My old 78 GS750 had hinges but I don't see any on this seat. Can someone help me out?
    You should have two hinges on the frame. Go to my website and go to the second to last photo. You'll see one hinge just above the crankcase breather set up and the other hinge is about 6-7" to the rear.
    Just click the WWW symbol below if interested.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

The hinges on the seat bolt on. It is possible that the seat you bought does not have the hinges on it. You can most likely order them through a dealer or bikebandit.com may have them as well.

Comment

Thanks guys. The previous owner had cut off the seat lock and the hinge mounts. After looking more closely I could see where they used to be. The seat I bought off of ebay is really nice but it doesn't have the hinges. Looks like I'll have to buy hinges and a seat lock and the have the mounts welded back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkev
          The seat I bought off of ebay is really nice but it doesn't have the hinges.
          Jkev, just curious. Did you happen to buy this seat from Anderson vintage parts? If so, when?
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

No.I got it from vintagemcycleguy.

Comment

Jkev,

I think I have all the peices you need. Including the frame tabs and a lock with a key.

Interested?

Steve

Comment

Yeah, I'm interested. I sent you an email. Did you get it?

Comment

Working...
                X