CHOPPER katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHOPPER katana

I am throwing around the idea of making a raked frame kat with my next project....

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Hmm. Why? Dragbike?

Personally, I like the look of the stock Kat.

Comment

Katman, please say it ain't so.

Comment

NO drag bike....

I am thinking out of the box and have been inspired by the great bike build offs.

maybe a Springer front end?
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

If you do it, you should slam the back end to the ground, either hard tail, or some sort of air system. Stay away from a springer, it wouldn't go with the bike. Go super clean, hide all cables and wires. Keep in mind when you're building it that it isn't really a motorcycle, rather it's a sculpture, that happens to have 2 wheels and move. It won't handle well, but you'll get a lot of looks. Have fun.

Comment

Chopper

I have made a chopper of my 1982 GS 1100 Gl and I have to tell you it is a much better ride for it. However you have a lot of mods to do with it. I personnally raked the Gussets versus using a raked triple tree. I believe it to put less strain on the Gooseneck and Berings. You will have to lower the rear end about one inch or find yourself a smaller rear shock and spring. I modified the rear fender by using a 1979 Sportster however one from a newer shadow is essentialy the same and easier to find, I just happened to have one laying around my shop. I will be lowering the seat and creating a seat pan and seat soon. Also you will have to relocate your controls as they will scrape during cornering.
            As far as those that tell you the ride is hurt, ignore them. My ride is quicker in corners, does not wonder on straight stretches and has an altogether firmer feel to it. I like having a bike that I can just sit back on the highway with my arms crossed and do not have to coddle to keep her straight. However A Katana Is a slightly different animal but then again I wish I had the 16 valve sitting in my frame.

Comment

GUYS, GUYS,GUYS,

my forks are just leaning against the bike while I wait for the lower triple to come back from steering stop mods. I thought it looked funny so took the pic.

I appreciate the info but making a chopper out of a katana is too far out of the box for me....for now.

as far as raking the triples????? very bad idea. makes the bike very unstable. has to be done at the frame.

if anyone has a pic of a "japper" Japonese chopper I give it a post. I have never seen one.

cheers,
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

A guy that used to live across the street from me had a buddy that had a "Chopper" that did have a japanese inline 4 in it. It just looked wierd!!

Comment

We've got a few of the 750 Honda Choppers around here. I'll try to get a pic or two next time I see one. They are really sharp looking machines and they don't cost 30K to build.
                  1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                  1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                  1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                  1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                  01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

speaking of hondachoppers, let me find a link to the KAMIKAZE.....

Comment

here we go....

Comment

crap....

Comment

tried to make a big picture...don't know what's wrong...

Comment

Mark,

use the [url] instead
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hi
                              1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                              1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                              1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                              1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                              01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
                              X