Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 Head on 1100 Motor?

Hi All,

Just wondering on this and some searching didn't turn up anything for me, SO:

Will an 80-83 750 head fit onto the barrels of an 82 1100E? Just thinking about smaller ports and making more power, etc. Plus, the 750 heads seem to be more plentiful and WAY cheaper on E-bay, so I could afford to tinker with one at less financial risk...

Mark

Hi Mark,
    I'm told by an expert that all GS(x) heads are interchangeable amongst eachother. But changing from an 1100 head to a 750 would give you smaller valve sizes thus less power, that can't be the direction you want to go is it? What is more important to know is that all heads off of the oil-cooled GSXRs fit too! So, IMO it's better to go for a GSXR head, you will also gain a little in port size and power, even more so if you put 36mm or 38 mm slingshot carbs on...
    What is most important to check is the compression. Don't go above 1:10.5 for pumpfuel and roaduse. You can adjust this by putting in two base-gaskets when it is too high. Don't underestimate the job though! You need to know what you are doing in swapping heads.

Greetings, Marco.

Comment

Working...
    X