GS 1100 clutch hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1100 clutch hub

I want to replace the inner clutch hub in my 81 GS 1100.I have seen aftermarket hubs for the KZ,Busa,GSXR,GS 1150 in the MTC catalog.Im assuming the 1150 is diffrent.Is their another source available,Orient Express and Shnitz don't show anything either. thanks Steve (The hub I took off looks like fred flintstones spare wheel,abuse?)

I'm not sure what part your talking about.

This is what I call the hub.

This is what I call the basket

If you are asking about the top picture, I am not aware of anyone making aftermarket parts. The basket I am showing was machined from billet aluminum. You can stull purchase these for a price.

Why not just get a new oem part?

Comment

I think you left the inner hub out of the photos

Is there somethin the mater with the inner hub or as lecroy suspects, do you want to replace parts of the clutch assembly with an upgrade

ther are a few options if you make your intentions clearer please

Comment

APE makes a billet basket.You need a core though. www.gszone.com

Comment

GS 1100 inner hub

As you said Scotty,the inner hub is the only piece of the clutch assembly not shown in the photos.It sits inside of the basket,and the clutch fibers and steels go on it.I can go OEM from BikeBandit or other stock parts provider,I figured typically it would be double the cost of an aftermarke piece.thanks, Steve

Comment

Skip the 1100 and get an 1150 hub. The center is steel and fits in my bike no problem. You can get them from bikebandit.

Comment

I run an 1150 inner hub in my 1666 gs- i did it because i thought it was an upgrade. i am not saying that is is not but some high performance folks
              say that sometimes the steel insert in the 1150 hub can separate because of dis-similar metals etc.. They usually pin the steel hub.

what i want to say is that unless you have a really hot engine. then the stock inne hub from an 1100e will be fine.

I am still dying to know why you want to replace the inner hub only????? When i dammaged my cutch, both the outer and inner
              pieces were gouged from an overheating situation.

Comment

Inner hub... Too little sleep...

Comment

The previous owner had the basket welded,and didn't tighten the hub nut when it was assembled.After years of ham fisted clutch dumps the center spline is beat and wobbling on the shaft.The outer basket is still in good shape and just needed a little deburring.

Comment

Yeah, the picture shows the pressure plate. The wording on what you want is right though, a clutch hub.

APE and StarRacing has billet clutch hubs.
                    Currently bikeless
                    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I ordered an oem piece from bikebandit,only $72.Much less than
                      I anticipated.thanks , Steve

Comment

I think you would do well to also order thre bilett retainer nut and washer.
                        The lose nut syndrome is not onle related to the minds of the website members.
                        Be extra carefull if yoy have removed the outer basket in the process for whatever reason. There is a keyway
                        in the oil pump gear that must fit over the keys that are part of the rear of the outer basket. If they are not in the keyway, you will tighten the nut to torque specs and get a big surprise while assembling the rest.
                        I never made this mistake but was told by a friend about it

Comment

Working...
                        X