Performance brakes for 1982 GS 1100EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance brakes for 1982 GS 1100EZ

I restored my 1982 GS1100EZ to all it's original glory about a year or two ago. It's mainly stock. I've replaced the shocks with Icon's, put progressive springs in the forks, replaced the tires with Battlax's.

I've bypassed the anti-dive units and replaced the lines with braided steel which improved the braking considerably.

I'd like to take the braking system to the next level. What are the suggestions? Calipers, pads???

Thanks...

performance brakes

Hello
    You can make up a pair of SS or aluminum caliper brakets and put on a set of 4 pot calipers from a GSXR or other bike. as long as everything lines up. Send me a short e-mail and I can send u a few photos of bikes with this set up.

Regards, Archie

Comment

You can make up a pair of SS or aluminum caliper brakets and put on a set of 4 pot calipers from a GSXR or other bike.
      The only thing to watch for is the spacing between the rotor and wheel spokes. Newer calipers are MUCH wider than the old GS ones and it can be a bear to make new stuff fit into the small space available. If you find a newer caliper that fits OK, let the list know. I would love to upgrade to 4 or 6 piston calipers from the old single piston units.

Mark

Comment

Just curious did you mount the radials to the stock rims or go with new rims also? I didn't think it was possible to mount radials on bias ply rims.
        T

Comment

Re: performance brakes

Originally posted by ARCHIE ANDERSON
          Hello
          You can make up a pair of SS or aluminum caliper brakets and put on a set of 4 pot calipers from a GSXR or other bike. as long as everything lines up. Send me a short e-mail and I can send u a few photos of bikes with this set up.

Regards, Archie
          Folks.

I'm going to try to pick up a set of cheap GSXR calipers on ebay to do some experimenting. My brother - in - law is a machinist, so we can fab up some adaptors. I'll let you know it I can get them to fit.

One stupid question. If I should get a set to fit in there, can I use my exisiting master cylinder or do I need to use a modern GSXR master cylinder?

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
          X