No announcement yet.

swing arm for a 78 gs 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they sure do look KOOL...... I have considered it myself.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

i really like the look of a stretched swing arm, and i would like to run it at the track sometime. so a swing arm of a 1100 or 1150 will fit a wider tire but the brake and sprocket have to be moved out. and how wide is tire compared to one on a new sport bike.

Comment

1150 swingarm will not work, its a monoshock like they said earlier in the post. Unless you want to convert to a mono setup, major surgery and mods are needed to the frame and stuff......

An extended 1100 swingarm is going to be expensive IF you can find one. Thats a big IF. KZ swingarm might work also. Or get an 1100 stock arm and have it made longer....still lots of $$$ and what little cornering you had is worse off.

Does your bike have any other mods already? Engine mods?

Comment

it's a lot easier to make the 1150 swingarm into a twin shock arm than make a twin shock bike into a monoshock one.

older gsxr 1100 arms are a couple inches longer than the gs's...
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

If you don't win the bid...I have a gsxr 1100 and gs1100 swing you can have one for 50.00...

I've got a polished gs1100 swing with chrome axle and adjusters for 75.00
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

gs1100 swingarm

hey guys guess what??? that's the same swingarm i am bidding on!!!! Katman, did you say you had a gsxr twin shock arm for 50.00??? and it's longer? i will be drag racing mine alot this would be bennificial to me.would you sell that arm to me and ship it to Ashland,OH.of coarse i would pay all the shipping cost. this might work out great for everyone then.let me know soon please.and i won't bid on the gs 1100 arm.Thanks.

Comment

Hey Katman, I could be interested in that gs1100 swing arm that you have if sabian doesn't want it.
                Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
                2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

My gixxer arm isn't modified yet for twin shocks..no. You have to weld on some shock mounts, it is stock right now.

I have three gs1100 alum swingarms as well.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

i can mod the swingarm myself,(for the twin shocks) or i might just mono my frame.So, was that a yes you would sell gsxr swingarm to me, or no you won't?what about one of the GS1100 arms??thanks

Comment

katman, thanks for the offer but right now i'm unable to buy anything for my bike or car, but thanx for the offer. my wife just had a baby last wensday. thanx again.

Comment

Wider and stretched????
                        Don't like the corners???

The world does need more drag bikes

learn how to tie down your forks buy a Nitros setup and go (I guess)

With all the goofing aside. Keep your eye on ebay. I ofton see stretched s/arms there. OR you can take your old s/arm to a fab shop and have it stretched. It's a perty straight foward job. And like others have said, with minor mods you can put a 180 on the.

have fun :roll:

Rico

Comment

thanks guys for all the info. this sight and everyone i've talked to has been nice and helpful. can't find too many websites like this. thanx again.

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a different swing arm also would the gs 1100 swing arm fit in a 78 gs 750 frame?

Comment

1150 arm

I took two GS1150 arms and made a 8" ich extended arm for my GS1100. I cut all the mono shock stuff off and welded shock mounts on it for the shocks. I run a 95 GSXR600 front end with A single disc up front and a 6 piston caliper from a Hayabusa. The rear uses a 5.5 inch wheel from a GSXR along with the brake and 530 Chain and sprocket. In front I run a 17 tooth Bnadit 1200 sprocket shimmed out to line up the chain. It's low and mean and draws a crowd always.

Comment

Working...
                              X