swap carb parts Kaw and Suz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap carb parts Kaw and Suz

I purchased CV BS34 mikuni carbs off of a Kaw 1000 I think, The main needles from the Kaw are slimmer and have a taper finished as compared to the Suz's carbs, can I put theses main needles in my carbs? If so will the size and taper of the Kaw's carb provide any benefits? Thanks, Bike is a 82 gs1100e.

Save yourself a lot of time & trouble - Make sure you use the jets & needles Suzuki specified for your bike. The only reason to change is engine mods.

Comment

You know it may be that these carbs had a Dynojet kit installed. Dynojet needles have the same kind of look you described compared to the stock Suzuki stuff. I'd clean the carbs up and see how they work. I don't know if you're planning to run a header and/or individual pods, but if you are you're going to have to rejet anyway and a Dynojet kit is the easiest way to go. Unless you're running bone stock you'll go crazy trying to rejet trial and error like with Mikuni stuff.

Comment

bike has been modified

Bike has V&H 4 into 1, cone air filter with holes in the air box. I was going to put the carbs on my bike but the spacing is just a little different.

Comment

Working...
        X