No announcement yet.

gear ratio rpm's messed up...mystery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the formula I gave you should help you get to a target zone...within a few mph.
    EULC ON

Comment

my math says I should be running 62.7mph @ 4000 but I am only getting 56mph

Thanks Bill for the help
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

You're welcome...
        EULC ON

Comment

THE rpm mystery was a simple deal..the cars speedo is way off. I paced some bikes on the hwy and my speedo is bang on.....oooooops.

thanks for the help and sorry for not double checking my sources....
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Excellent!! Thats good news...
            EULC ON

Comment

on my 81 GS1100 with GSXR wheels and 530 chain I like the 17/39 gearing. A bigger motor with more Torque likes taller gearing.

Comment

wow your speedo was useless.

17/47 gives a correct speed at 60mph. 39 is considerably tall....

180mph gearing.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

speedometer and gearing

Hi Katman. Your reference to the speedometer being useless with 17 39 gearing in your last post leaves me confused. On gs or 90ish GSXR the speedometer pickup is on the front wheel. I don't see where gearing has anything to do with it.

Comment

I use the GSXR USD front end witht he stock wheel and speedo drive. I assume it's right but I have not checked it. I hope to run 170 in the 1/4 mile with it this summer.... with the Turbo setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_T
                      I use the GSXR USD front end witht he stock wheel and speedo drive. I assume it's right but I have not checked it. I hope to run 170 in the 1/4 mile with it this summer.... with the Turbo setup.
                      LOve the turbo's.....
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

gearing and speedometer

Katman i am confused by your post. the gearing has nothing to do with your speedometer calibration. The speedometer drive is in the front wheel. you can change gearing up and down without affecting your speedometer calibration.

Comment

oooooooooops,

what do you mean?? I didn't say anything....
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Re: speedometer and gearing

Originally posted by maru
                            Hi Katman. Your reference to the speedometer being useless with 17 39 gearing in your last post leaves me confused. On gs or 90ish GSXR the speedometer pickup is on the front wheel. I don't see where gearing has anything to do with it.
                            NO, you miss understood...what I said was my brain is useless.....
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I knew what you meant. The new bikes drive off of the sprocket now. Gear changes mess it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X