Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dual disc front?

hey again.
    just got in a mag wheel that would accept dual discs for the front. GS550 (1978) by the way. waondering what parts do i need to pull off the dual disc conversion. obviously a second rotor and caliper. now since my bike didn't come with dual discs... i am guessing that i would need to source at least a right fork bottom with the extra caliper mount, as well as a splitter for my brake line? what other forks will fit the 550's triple trees, as it may be beneficial to do a front end mod while i am at it \. my forks need new seals as it is... so if i get a different set, it would either be a0 easier to do a seal job on these, are they are not yet attached to the bike, and therefore dont have to be removed,. b0 if i am lucky , get a pair with good seals in them, and not have to worry about it. with dual front disc brakes, that little bike should stop pretty damn fast. any suggestions guys?

You may be able to use the lower from a gs750 or smaller bike. but the 750 forks are longer. You will need to change both disks & the master cylinder. DON"T use anything but the OEM seals, most of the seals you see on ebay are crap.

Comment

Working...
    X