Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dyna III ignition and Accel Coils, will it make a big diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna III ignition and Accel Coils, will it make a big diff?

I've got them and just waiting for a good time to install. For those of you that have done the upgrade, will I see any noticeable performance increases? Any changes? Bike runs awesome now with stock stuff. Just curious and daydreaming/drooling....

The bike will probably run a little smoother, start and idle better and gas milage may improve by 1-2 miles per gallon, but a noticable increase in performance, NO.

Earl
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks, that's good for me. I'll take it! 8)

Comment

The yellow wires look COOL! What more do you need?

Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

It's a matter of consistency...

NOS and old coils can misfire or fire weakly up to 10% of the time. Hotrod aftermarket coils do not do this. Your idle will smooth out, and you will get slightly better throttle response. You probably will not notice a big gain with your stock engine. If you modify further, then you will be glad you have those kool yellow wires!

Comment

Everything Earl said.

Comment

Sweet, I was feeling a little guilty since my stuff I have now works but....I'm keeping this bike for a while so in the end its all good. My wires were cracked and looking pretty bad so that's my excuse! Honestly, I can't wait to see the difference. Bike runs like a Swiss watch now, can't imagine it running that much better.

I'm excited to be able to loose the ignitor box when I do the swap. Less weight!

Now all I have left for this winter's upgrades are:

Progressive springs up front
              Stainless Brake Lines
              Powdercoat the wheels....we'll see about that one at $150. 8O

Comment

Working...
              X