34 smoothbores on my 1100.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34 smoothbores on my 1100.

im trying to aquire some 34 smooth borecarbs. they are rackless tho. i was thold they were bored from 34's to 35. is this possible, or what. if so will they work, without too much engine modes, just a pipe, and cone filters. i look to get some cams, and the crank welded soon. how much effort will i need t put into them to makr my 1100 run nice?

Sounds like a set of the old dirt bike 34mm carbs bored out to 35.5. This was common at one time. They are single carbs with no mounts. I would try to get 33 smoothbore as the 35 aren't really a smoothbore carb. Also you will have more problems with carb sync with the 4 in to 1 cable. These would probably be fine for drag racing

Comment

These are my carbs

Yeah, these are smoothbores. No, they are not more difficult to equalize. If you are a fan of rack mount, just open your wallet and get some. I am offering these carbs with 7 sets of jets for the trade of a swingarm or $100. Now beat that offer.
      These came off a bracket winning 10.0's bike with only 1050cc's with a 250-275 lb. rider. I think that speaks for itself.

Craig

Comment

I wasn't saying that they weren't a good deal, in fact the price of them was never mentioned. If they are the bored 34 dirt bike carbs, then NO THEY ARE NOT SMOOTHBORES! . Smoothbore carbs are made so that the cut outs for the slides are covered and the slide goes over the outsides. And again if they are the dirt bike carbs they are harder to sync. Get your facts straight before making false claims. He asked for information and I offered it so pull your panites out of your crack as I wasn't trying to stop you from making a buck. Mike J

Comment

chill

Mike,

Dude, you get nasty very fast! Don't you want to insult my mother while you're at it? By-the-way, here's how you spell PANTIES.

If anyone wants to see the throat of these carbs, send me an email.

Craig

Comment

nick...I had a set of 34mm Mikuni's on and old 1100 Yamaha. They were individual carbs with 4 seperate cables. I had 2 carbs on one big K&N filter. They worked great. Even had 4 seperate cables for the choke.

They were a round slide style that was easy to synch. It took a little doing to tune. They cost me almost 400 bucks back in 1980.

At 35.5mm you may be a fuzz on the big side for everyday riding...Wide open, you'll love it.
            EULC ON

Comment

Mike,

Dude, you get nasty very fast! Don't you want to insult my mother while you're at it? By-the-way, here's how you spell PANTIES.

If anyone wants to see the throat of these carbs, send me an email.

Craig

Craig, your mother never did anything to me that I know of so why would I go there? I said they aren't smoothbore carbs and you said they were, the only smoothbore version of the dirt bike carbs were the Vance and Hines Cone Carbs from many moons ago. A bored set of round slide Mikunis are not true smoothbores-period. If you look at a set of the 33's you will see what I'm talking about. And answer me this, what would be easier to sync one throttle cable or four? Like I said I wasn't trying to stop you from making a buck, I was just stating facts. I knew you would know how to spell panties anyway.

Comment

I have a set of 33mm smoothies. Real Mikuni 33 smoothies. And they are off of the bike right now. So if any photos are needed, just let me know what you need a shot of. I can go to the mechanics shop and take snaps of them.

Don't make me break out the cheese

Comment

here you go true smoothies

29mm smoothies

33 mm smoothies

vm "dirtbike carbs"

probly the ones in question

those 34's bored to 35 are DIRT BIKE CARBS NOT REAL "SMOOTH BORE CARBS

they maybe as good as 29's or 33's but they very diffrent.

to anwser nick question if you are bifing on the one's on ebay then they should work pretty easy they are individual carbs and you can remount them to a rail so that the line up to the boots, i would try to find out the OD of the carbs on the motor side to see if they will fit in your boots. you will need to do a litlte fabriacting. if they are the "dirt bike style carbs they are not to bad to manuelly sync ( i did 3 on a h1 triple) it just takes a little patients just have to keep raising or lowering the sliders. not sure how you would do it with a merc stick.

these carbs could be 33 smoothies bored to 35 but am not to sure that would be a really good idea and the piece that makes the carbs smoothbore would be destroyed in the process, (part #87 in the 29 mm pics)

nick if you are going to all this trouble give sudco a call and see if they can build a set of newer carbs to your specs, it will beat fighing jetting and every thing they will give you a out of the box bolt on according to your engine specs

-ryan
                  78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x
                  10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
                  X