No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not too many straight stretches around here, but i did get it to 100 mph or 160km/h in fourth gear. I'm looking forward to going up island where there is some REALLY sweet straight highway.

Comment

I hit 110mph yesterday on the way home from work messing with a Harley.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I hit at LEAST 140 EVERY time I ride my bike! Ray.

Comment

Good one Ray. I have had the 77 up to 90 and that is all i want from it. Now the gsxr dosen't even feel comfortable under 70. I haven't riden it much yet but it tachs 4100 at 75 and red line is 10,000.

Comment

I did 107 on my '78 GS400 when I had it. I've only gotten the 1100 up to about 65 because it isn't running right yet.

Comment

I have no idea, my 1100 spedo quits at 85.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I went 90 almost With a really cute girl on the back She was my buddys sister. the convo went like this. we were riding and came to a stop "you wanna go fast?"....."yeah"....."ok you better hold on to me then." then we got up to 90. was pretty sweet.

Comment

1980 GS-550 T had it to 70 mph . That was really windy

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                    I have no idea, my 1100 spedo quits at 85.

V

Ditto. I hate that speedo.

Comment

The speedo on my 81-750 only goes to 85 so I'll never know if it goes faster than that unless smokie tells me so

Comment

Last Thursday was the first time out with the GS650G Cafe project ... 34 degrees and 35 mph. Short trip, but now I'm anxiously awaiting a warm day. I already know how fast the Hayabusa goes (at least what the speedo said!)

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                          I hit at LEAST 140 EVERY time I ride my bike! Ray.
                          Over 140 only on the good days for me, but at least 138 on a regular basis...
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I know someone here who has done 230mph (GPS verified and logged) at Deals Gap!!! mmmmmmmmm turbo

me I have seen a true 120mph on Bob and he was still slowly climbing but I was running out of straight road and at that speed he was rock solid and unwilling to turn.

Rosie I have only been to around 100mph on her, odd I have to correct that some day, can't let old Bob beat her.

Japcatti likes to streach her legs, her ideal cruise speed is 90mph, she goes dead silent, smoother than silk and we melt together into one in a strange state of nirvana. I have been to 120mph on japcatti and she is still pulling hard at that speed. I see japcatti being able to blow right past her red line, and that would be better than 150mph.
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

So far I have seen almost 50mph out of the beast (clutch was toast and was one of many things currently rebuilding). Best (worst?) was a run up to 165mph down the I-10 phoenix to LA on a '06 katana 750 and laying down for all i was worth to get out of that wind

Comment

Did a 10.96/126 mph on a 77 gs 750 had a stage 1 yosh kit. that was way back in 1979.wish I stil had the bike

Comment

Working...
                                X