How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast is is your old GS?

I was out here in Salem Oregon on a beautiful Sunny Day. I thought to myself, "hmmm, how fast will this old bike go?" So, I figured between 105-115mph. How fast for you?

Fast enough GS850

Comment

did 105 mph with it and had some power left,only my arms got twice the length they normally are :?

Comment

Early in the morning when the air is cool and there isnt any headwind, Priscilla smiles, stretches, and lopes along at an easy 120 at 3/4 throttle. If she's feeling particularly good, she could probably break 130 if conditions are right and I'm feet on the rear pegs and flat over the tank.

Earl
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

143 on a GS700E with mods.

Comment

164 mph

Comment

All I know is that I speed past my buddys' Harley and he said his clock was at about 115 (Harley rev limiter!) when I went past. I'm on a stock 1100EX and I weigh in at about 255 lbs.
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I WENT 80 MPH ONCE IN SECOND--NO NOT ONE SECOND

Comment

125 mp/h untill I had to back off, was a litlle more in it.
                  K&N pod filters bigger jets and a Marshall 4-1, 61 rear wheel hp on the dyno.
                  (O yeah, it's 60 pounds lighter than stock and has clip-on bars.)

Comment

Indicated 130+ mph, and still accelerating a bit, when my 83 GS750ES was still fairly new - probably in the 120's actual speed. Mag tested top speed at seal level was about 134 mph, so somewhat less probable at 5,300+ feet.

Comment

135MPH (218KPH) at redline in fifth gear. (due to the spedo only going to 85mph(140kph) I had to do the math to figure out how fast I got it.)
                      I have had my voyager to 100mph (160kph) and it seemed to like it, less than 1/4 throttle and the trip computer was showing 36mpg fuel consumption.
                      I have no idea of just how fast the big six will go but it is happier at speed than my gs.

PS: my friend has had his yamaha yzf r-1 up to 189 mph(306kph) showing on the digital display several times. (and the idiot doesnt wear a helmit)

Comment

I got clocked by the RCMP at 274Kph (165 - 170mph) on my 86 GS1150 :twisted:

Because I stopped when I saw the lights all I got was a $1000 fine, 6 month suspension and 9 points on my liscence

Had I trieed to run/keep the speed I would have done jail time! 8O

Comment

I had my 81 850 to 100 with some left. Plenty fast enough for me.

Comment

Buried my needle at 240 k an hour once...too damn fast but there you go

Comment

130mph on my 1100EZ with a ways to go on the tach, way back when I was immortal. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X