We are finally there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are finally there!

Hey everyone, not sure how many members that were on here a few years ago still are. Long story short I had a gs650gl that I decided to rebuild and do a bigbore kit to make faster, 2 years later I finally finished it and decided to keep the motor stock as its never going to be as fast as I wanted.

Thanks to everyone who helped me on here over the years whether it was parts or technical help, all of it was appreciated.

Not sure If I'm going to keep the bike or sell it, I still have to take it for a ride and see how I feel but either way I'm more than satisfied with how things went.

Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Glad to hear it, Ian.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
      ...decided to keep the motor stock as its never going to be as fast as I wanted.
      Wise decision. One that I rarely made myself. Been here 11 years, here's to the next 11.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

Wise decision. One that I rarely made myself. Been here 11 years, here's to the next 11.
        THIS one will be kept stock, but the oil-cooled gsxrs i have waiting to be built will not be.

Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Glad to hear it, Ian.
          thanks a bunch!

Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post

The oil-cooled gsxrs i have waiting to be built will not be (stock).
            1100s, I hope? ..................... SACS (Suzuki Advanced Cooling System)
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

1100s, I hope? ..................... SACS (Suzuki Advanced Cooling System)
              kinda lol

i have one 1100 roller, 4 750 frames, and a 750 with a b12 that needs a bit of work to be roadworthy, all of those are slabs, and then an 89 750 frame that i will probably build up first.

as far as motors go i should have enough setups to make 4 1100ish motors, i have a bunch of stuff lol..... the plan for the 89 is to use either a 1052 or 1127 cylinder with a 750 dothead head and cams, best head to use. but really i wont know what it'll be until i get to that point, once this bike is done and my zx7 is close to finished i will start building an engine.

i do have a complete 1052 engine but it will be sold, the reason is its more a collector motor than something you modify, its really an orphan of the family, not much shareable parts at all.

heres the 89 if the photo works, its been completely torn down and is going to be done right.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Good to see you're still at it. There's a pretty good chance I'll be spending a lot of time in the Tampa area this winter, hit me up if you care to.
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Just watched the video. Nice to hear it finally run, but it will run even smoother if you plug that air leak on Number 2 intake.
                  If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat? View Post
                    Just watched the video. Nice to hear it finally run, but it will run even smoother if you plug that air leak on Number 2 intake.
                    What leak? The vacuum line is plugged up
                    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                    1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                    X