No announcement yet.

Project Tracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look like your on the right track--BUILD THAT MOTOR---man I love those blocks---cant beat them

Comment

Triple Top

I see in the first pic you have a stepped triple top and the rest now. Are you going to use one?
      What forks are you using?
      Pos

Comment

I think they are '97 gsxr forks with heavier springs and a revalve kit. The P.O. took an extra set of top triples and cut the clamps off and welded them onto a complete set to give a little more length. I am going to have to figure out rear suspenssion and exhaust before I know if the forks will be long enough.
        Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
        2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Hey Flatline, can you possibly send me some close up pics of that home made "drop" clamp? I am looking into having one made for my upcoming 1100/Gixxer/Bandit conversion, and would like to see what you have if you dont mind? Thanks in advance

josh

Comment

Hey CafeKid,

Here are some pics of the clamps. I think they need a bit more welding and some cleanup. My plan is to eiter make up some slugs to fill in the tops or make my bars mount in the top of the clamps. I am off to the boonies for work now, but if anyone has anymore questions or suggestions I will be back next weekend.

Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Longer forks

Just a thought, what if there was some form of a machined sleeve that slid through the top yoke from the bottom, designed in a way that allowed for the thickness of the top yoke or more. This would give us the much needed clearance we all need. Anyone following me here?
              Last edited by Guest; 11-24-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                Just a thought, what if there was some form of a machined sleeve that slid through the top yoke from the bottom, designed in a way that allowed for the thickness of the top yoke or more. This would give us the much needed clearance we all need. Anyone following me here?
                Yah, there are a couple companies that make such a thing for the Gixer 750s but not the 1100 forks

Comment

Good looking project.
                  -KR

Comment

The tax man is giving me some money back so the project can carry forward. I have picked myself up an undercut transmission on ebay. I think I will give Stan Gardner a call to get my crank and clutch sorted.
                    Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Awesome glad to see you're going forward. I still feel a bit stunned for giving up. You interested in my flat 4-2-1 header?

Comment

I may be interested, do you have some pictures of it? Can an oil and filter change be done without removing it?
                        Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Changes are possible. I built it with that in mind.

My biggest reason for making my own header was ground clearance. A Mac 4-1 was a full 3 inches lower than mine. It is welded together now as well not just tacked.

Comment

Wow !!! I like watching this bikes coming together. I wish mine was going faster but o well.

Comment

CBR954RR triples are already stepped. You have to use a complete 954 triple, but the GSXR forks will bolt in and still allow the use of GSXR wheels.

Comment

Woot! Won a falicon prepped crankshaft on ebay last night. I have also aquired a KB top end oiler and some slotted cam sprockets.

Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Working...
                                X