No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
    Wouldn't be a west coast rally if Bill didn't put his bike together the week before...
    I do believe you're thinking of Jim.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Here she is!
      Needs cleaned and painted but it's a finely tuned machine!
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

This is what I did
        Soldered in the Honda R/R
        Soldered in the Dyna 2000 with Dyna green coils
        Soldered in the coil mod relay
        chain and sprockets (I have a decent 530 chain and rear 42 tooth sprocket)
        New rubber
        Progressive fork springs and rear shocks
        Pingle petcock (thanks for the adapter plate Josh!)
        Travelcade seat
        Of course put in a fresh 1230 motor
        Putting new cables all around on tomorrow
        Installing a cruise control
        AND a K&N vent filter

Comment

Paid off the chassis yet? It is looking good. Handling better than the L? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            Paid off the chassis yet? It is looking good. Handling better than the L? Ray.
            Paid for, registered and insured.
            Ya think it handles better than the L?

Comment

Whahooooo, and it's fast blue!

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Congrats Bill

Those rear shocks look good.. must have got them somewhere special
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Still playing the jetting game.
                  Needle fourth up from the bottom.
                  Main jets Mikuni 150 for cylinders 2&3-147.5 for cylinders 1&4

Installed an exhaust overhead oiler since I ate up my .340 exhaust cam and some rockers. (Thanks Allen!)
                  The bike actually runs cooler with a leaner setup and the oiler.
                  Runs awesome!!!
                  Last edited by chef1366; 08-18-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Hope that oiler serves you well! I really didn't see any point on having that oiler on my stock 1100E . By the way, that oiler is an old school Ward Performance as I've been told.

I would love to make a trip down to California whenever I get my GS road ready. Next year for the Reno Rally???

Looks very good! We need more pictures....
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Took her out yesterday and whipped it a bit.
                      Pulling the front off the ground easily. Front tire dancing around in first, second and third.
                      This is fast enough for me and is the engine I was looking for.
                      Now to sync the carbs and clean it up.

Comment

Hey Bill,

You running .340 cams on both sides? What kind of oil are you using?
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                          Hey Bill,

You running .340 cams on both sides? What kind of oil are you using?
                          Soon since I fried the .340 exhaust cam so I'm running stock (exhast only) at the moment. I run Castrol 20/50. I also just installed a topside oiler. My bike actually runs around 30 degrees cooler. Not tested in the dessert yet though!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                            Here is a slide show splitting the cases for the 1150 crank to install a Wiseco 1229 kit.
                            I'll post more pics once I get the cylinders and piston kit from the machine shop. At the same time I'll pic up the new head.
                            Looking good there Chef.
                            1-ATC70 W/ 110cc Electric Start
                            1-KLX110 W/ Stroker and Big Bore Kit
                            2-CRF250R's
                            2-CRF450R's
                            1-GS1100 Normally Aspirated W/ A Few Goodies
                            1-GS1100 1325 W/ Turbo
                            1-1947 Harley Knucklehead

Comment

when do we get a video of it chef? slide show is kool

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
                                when do we get a video of it chef? slide show is kool
                                Be QUICK! I saw that he was going to give it hell and just barely turned the camera on in time!
                                First bike passing on the left.

The destination is the Oldest Saloon in Nevada.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X