Project 1100 Bandit/Gsxr conv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Did you forget to install the oil temp & pressure sending units? Ray.

Comment

Jim, it looks like you have a good bit of metric stainless allen head bolts. Where did you source them? Around here, I can only seem to find them in bulk (bags of 20 or more when I need 5.) Stainless hardware ain't cheap

I know they make kits for the engine & valve covers and such, but I was referring to other stuff (starter cover, cam chain tensioner...)
        Last edited by Cassius086; 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM.
        Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
          Jim, it looks like you have a good bit of metric stainless allen head bolts. Where did you source them? Around here, I can only seem to find them in bulk (bags of 20 or more when I need 5.) Stainless hardware ain't cheap

I know they make kits for the engine & valve covers and such, but I was referring to other stuff (starter cover, cam chain tensioner...)
          ace hardware sells stainless metrics

Comment

Thought I might post this up, I found a site that will do a full polished stainless kit for the 1100 and some other Suzuki's as well. I know it might not be located around you specifically Cassius086 but still a good source for them.

http://www.stainlesscycle.com/catalo...cPath=46_47_53

or buy them individually if you know what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post

I buy most of them at Metrics and Multi Standards in Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                Did you forget to install the oil temp & pressure sending units? Ray.
                Good eye Ray, everything is hand tight just lining things up. This is one of my favorite mods on the bike, can't wait to see the tensioners.

Comment

What is the Texan word for Sanctuary?

When did Sanctuary open a franchise in Texas?
                  Nice build.

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship62 View Post
                    When did Sanctuary open a franchise in Texas?
                    Nice build.
                    Thanks but not even close to what they are capable of.

Comment

I am doing a similar conversion (starting with '83 GS1100E). Bandit swinger, GSXR front forks, and an engine completely rebuilt by Dr. Rapid Ray. It’s being mocked up. It’s a roller but last weekend the engine finally got set in. Next is the carbs (rejetted by Dr. RR) and rear sets. One twist I am going for is instead of the 8" train light, I bought a used 1990 GSXR upper fairing (dual lights) and if you're familiar with this vintage of fairing; it has a sharp/flat bottom and I trying to line up that bottom line with the forward line on the gas tank to make it look like a natural transition. I got a gauge cluster off a ’93 GSXR 1100 and I have I guy who is going to make them work.

I don't know if this fairing will look stupid or not. I'll let the court of GS Resources judges decide. If so, I will take it off and go with the original look.

In the meantime, thanks for making the rest of us look like amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship62 View Post
                        I am doing a similar conversion (starting with '83 GS1100E). Bandit swinger, GSXR front forks, and an engine completely rebuilt by Dr. Rapid Ray. It’s being mocked up. It’s a roller but last weekend the engine finally got set in. Next is the carbs (rejetted by Dr. RR) and rear sets. One twist I am going for is instead of the 8" train light, I bought a used 1990 GSXR upper fairing (dual lights) and if you're familiar with this vintage of fairing; it has a sharp/flat bottom and I trying to line up that bottom line with the forward line on the gas tank to make it look like a natural transition. I got a gauge cluster off a ’93 GSXR 1100 and I have I guy who is going to make them work.

I don't know if this fairing will look stupid or not. I'll let the court of GS Resources judges decide. If so, I will take it off and go with the original look.

In the meantime, thanks for making the rest of us look like amateurs.
                        Everything you see I learned here on GSR..I think the fairing might look pretty cool. I actually am down sizing the train light to an 8" that I think looks a little more proportioned with out robbing its integrity.

I like your idea.. would really like to see it.

JW

Comment

I got the ZX12R rearsets back from the powder coater, have a little machine work to do to finish them out.

Comment

HI JW,can I call dibs on the headlight if you can replace the bulb?(my wife has an American import GS550 with that stupid sealed beam so once the LO or HI goes you have to buy a new glass) I would be looking for the whole thing.Please PM me if you're interested-Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
                              HI JW,can I call dibs on the headlight if you can replace the bulb?(my wife has an American import GS550 with that stupid sealed beam so once the LO or HI goes you have to buy a new glass) I would be looking for the whole thing.Please PM me if you're interested-Johnny
                              Sold it.....

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                                Give me the exact dimensions and I can probably make one..
                                Got a picture of what you did before?

This is the only thing out there currently.

I'm not quite sure what I would need to measure for you. Depends how you intended to make it fit etc.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                                X