Hit the wall on this project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two year restore on first bike

well guys i am glad that i have found some fellow nut jobs. i got an 82 gs550 lz the po. installed k&n cone filters removed all sighns of the choke and left it to rott to date i 1 rebuilt the carbs 2 changed the oil flushed the brake fluid 3 new tires 4 two voltage regulators and two batteries and head light bulb currently installed a dyno jet kit for a 82gs550 m hoping it is close to the l model and will help rid the troublesome flat spots in accel from 4.5k to 8k on hard accel and flat spot after 7 to red line on normal crusing bike runs lean overall. found after fourth removal and instalation of carbs that the intake boots on rt side were misshapen from po installing regular band clamps as i type this i await new boots and four clamps next will be front fork seals and oil and all new rear shocks.

Comment

I know what you mean.

I am having builders block. again....

almost 10 years doing this bike. I start , I quit, I build it one way and then take it apart and do it differently. AARRRGGGHHH!!!

I put it on E bay this week. Racing season is here and this is no race bike.The engine is a serious street bruiser built to snap yer neck. Light crank, big valves, back cut trans.. the works.
      serenity now --
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

serenity now --
        Have you got the screen door on your apartment yet?
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I too have had to put my projects on hold (my 82 650G and 93 Ninja-to sell). I've been deployed with the air force for a while and really couldn't take my bike with me. Prior to that, I was waiting for my shop to be built so I could have a dry warm place to work on the bikes. The Ninja is def. gonna be finished and sold by next spring (needs wheels, body work & paint, and battery). MY G just needs a lil more TLC to be perfect (cleaner paint job, install cobra faring, overall cleaning, new exhaust).

Since being away from the bikes, I'm actually able to step back and look at the overall progress. I'm also making a list of parts that need to be ordered, & getting them all set up for when I come home.

Comment

I have a tendency to start too many projects and finish too few. It really sapped my enthusiasm for all of them, because it seemed I was never making any progress.
            Last month I decided to knuckle down and finish my GPz750. I won't say how long it has sat, but it has been multiple years. I am now concentrating on just this one project (along with keeping the GS on the road) and I am finally making progress.

Comment

Working...
            X