No announcement yet.

fuel injected turbo katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob, that is a master piece, take a bow.
    I am staying tuned for phase II and III for sure.

Comment

Beauty Rob! where did you get that sprocket cover?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
        Beauty Rob! where did you get that sprocket cover?
        I made it.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          Rob, that is a master piece, take a bow.
          I am staying tuned for phase II and III for sure.
          Definitely +1 on all of the above... awesome stuff!
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by katman; 10-10-2011, 03:07 PM.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Shorai battery

Hey, I was wondering what model battery you put in your bike? I looked for mine and it is only 210CCA and 14 AH. Was hoping to maybe go bigger than what is recommended to add some options without leaving me hanging cuz of a drained battery. Thanks!

Comment

hey you did an exclent job on this props and kudos
                i would like to know what did you use for throttle bodies and fuel injectors?
                i would like to do this to my gs 1000

Comment

Update:

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Congratulations! Very well deserved
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Congrats, Rob.
                      Too bad about the rain.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Rob, thats a schweet ride man ....

Comment

what intake system did you use im thinking about converting mine to fuel injection as well without turbos and i am pricing stuff

Comment

Congratulations Rob! Still going strap on that Turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by dueller View Post
                              Hey, I was wondering what model battery you put in your bike? I looked for mine and it is only 210CCA and 14 AH. Was hoping to maybe go bigger than what is recommended to add some options without leaving me hanging cuz of a drained battery. Thanks!
                              I am using a lithium 270cca 18amp/hr 2 lb battery.
                              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by maggotbreath View Post
                                Congratulations Rob! Still going strap on that Turbo?
                                Thanks M8, turbo is sched for next winter. Right now I have to deal with major head issues. Bent valves, toasted guides and roasted exhaust valves.

The head only has a couple hundred miles on it. New APE guides and I thought new ex 1mm over valves but they are at spec limit. Going to be expensive sorting this out. I have a couple grand into the head already and I am looking at another $1,000 as I need 16 new stainless 28.5mm valves, 16 guides and new seats cut.

A late night and lack of attention cost me the intakes as I neglected to back off the adj screws when changing out the cams for a set with much larger base circles. I pulled them out of another gs1100 engine I have here and they are lower lift than what I took out so...... just wasn't thinking clearly.That is the only thing I can think of that did it. I know something was up when I spun the engine over and there was no compression.

No marks on the pistons, no noise when spun over but the intakes are from .001 to .002 run out. 4 of them I had to hammer out with an old valve. Yes, I know... UGLY!!

That has led to the discovery of the toasted guides and ex valves. Not sure what is up with the ex valves, I thought they were new. Prob is I had the head done well over year ago by a guy out of town and it has been sitting all this time and I can't remember if they were new or used valves.

Either way, I need 8 new 24mm valves, and 8 new 28.5's.
                                Last edited by katman; 06-30-2012, 07:32 PM.
                                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X