fuel injected turbo katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo katana oil bypass

Good news. Found a nice bit of kit that regluates oil pressure. It utilizesa bypass and relief valve. I have done some initial testing and it is working well. I am sure I can dial it in even better as the company 'RACELINE Oil Pumps" is working with me to find a solution.

Not only is this piece of kit small but it is cnc machined, anodized and race ready. A perfect fit for my SHOW & GO and anyone elses machine. This means the turbo is a go again, and I don't have to worry about pressure spikes or high oil pressure killing my katana.

I have it hooked up from the oil pressure switch area that the restrictor is now occupying, then pass through to the turbo (in this case the gauge) and over pressure is released via the dump hose. In the pic that is going temperarily into the clutch cover as that was the convenient fittings to hook into for testing.

The unit comes with 3 selectable spring tensions for pressure variation plus, there is an adjusting screw to increase or decrease spring tension further adding to adjustablity. The low pressure spring limited my pressure at about 2.5 bar or about 35psi. Tomorrow I will move up to the medium spring and try to dial it in at about 60psi.

Once I have had some more time with this I will get more detailed with the results.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Wow, it's been that long!! I really need to get this turbo project finished.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Yes, please. It's one helluva beast and I'd like to know it's ripping up the road.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

I was reading over your thread and noticed the Carolina Cycle oiling kit. Kim sponsored my bike for years. I found oiling issues also with the oiling kit in turbo use. I ALWAYS used stock pump gears. I did something a little different. I milled my cylinders to accept GSXR head o rings. Bored out the head gaskets and eliminated any oil leak issues. It stood up to 40 pounds of boost and three stage nitrous.......I also used 1150 heads. I did not go EFI at the time. The technology was just not here. I did end top end fueling issues by going with a Mallory fuel pump used much like a USAC car on alcohol. I used a return system where there was constant fuel flow. Lot of people at the time thought it over kill. I stopped killing pistons and at the same time dumped Wiseco pistons which was hard because Kim had them on board for me as a sponsor. J&E had a good piston but Arias provided the best set up for me. I also never used low compression pistons. We had normally 250 pounds of cranking compression. With a 1425 good 60 foot time were to be had due to the torque. Kim had a super flow dyno and pretty much anything that went on the track was proven in the shop first.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-03-2015, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Yes Rob you should get back at it.

I had almost forgotten you were working on that.

Chris
            1983 750 Katana
            1982 750 Katana (parts use)
            1983 RZ350

Comment

Sorry all, project isn't dead but its not moving either. I do plan to complete this project though, I just don't know when I will be getting back to it.
              Last edited by katman; 01-13-2017, 03:55 PM.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Cancer is a b!tch. My oldest boy just fought (and beat thankfully) AML leukemia. Stay strong buddy.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Lost my father to cancer years ago, and a riding buddy last year. Be well.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sorry to hear that Rob but glad to see you posting again.
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Yes, please keep posting.
                      And have you thought of a ball bearing turbo? Pricey, but worth it on a GS. And tell them you have low pressure so you do not have the restrictor.
                      G
                      sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                      2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                      Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                      '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Good luck with the sale; I'm sure everything is top notch and better than as described.

Comment

Check the clearance link in my signature for lots of stuff. Clearing everything out as I refocus on other things.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

It's a sad day, I sold my katana today. The turbo version will not materialize.

I am hoping I have another build in me but for not for the foreseeable future. She has gone to a good home on Vancouver Island and now has a Busa big brother.

If anyone knows of someone looking for a stainless steel turbo EFI system for a GS send them my way. I don't have a bike for it anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by katman; 11-10-2017, 03:55 AM.
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

That has to be rough, Rob.
                              Maybe the new owner will show up here?
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sad day indeed Rob! All the best with whatever's going on and I hope you can get back to what you enjoy sooner than you think.
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X