fuel injected turbo katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

it has now been three years I have been dealing with my health issue. The very good news is that symptoms have not progressed significantly as doctors suspected there may of been a very grim outcome. The bad news is I cannot ride, build, or even work to make a living. I desperately miss riding and building my kats as riding up the coast highway was a great stress relief and joy. I always came home in a much better mood then when I left. Letting go of my Orange '83 was not an easy decision, but my daughter has four more years of university that needs paying for. I built that bike for me, for ever but I know it is in good hands.

I am still hoping that whatever is going on in my brain will leave as quickly as it arrived, or will become more manageable and I will be able to get back to work and play.

I don't have much left I can sell, but I do still have the NEW Turbo and EFI set up I was planning on installing on the orange kat, and also a 1327cc 1983 motor, and a billet clutch basket I need to sell. I would like to get 3,700.00 usd for it all and I would include two sets of; bandit 1200 reducer bushings, shock mounts, a 5/8" offset and bandit offset front 17t sprockets and a Yosh sprocket cover.

I want to thank you all for the emails and support during this difficult time in my life.

Katman!
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Glad to hear you are still fighting, Rob.

We still occasionally get to see your orange beauty as Dave usually posts a pic or two when he takes it out for a romp.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

We still occasionally get to see your orange beauty as Dave usually posts a pic or two when he takes it out for a romp.
        And you'll see more of it as I actually plan on insuring it for the full season this year.
        2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
        2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
        2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
          ...I actually plan on insuring it for the full season this year.
          As Travolta said in Pulp Fiction, "that's a bold statement." (Coming from Canada)
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            As Travolta said in Pulp Fiction, "that's a bold statement." (Coming from Canada)
            Canada is a big place. Where we live there is only a week of snow a year, maybe.

OH!!! I guess I need to change my Avatar... cry...
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Thanks Steve
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hey All,

Wishing all a Happy and Safe New Year and season.

My Simply Digital EFI / Hilborn Throttle bodies and new Turbo with all the new assorted accessories are still for sale ($2,500.00 US) along with an '83 1327cc Wiseco big block engine. I am finding the Photography hobby more expensive then my bike hobby.
                Last edited by katman; 01-05-2020, 05:31 PM.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
                  Hey All,

Wishing all a Happy and Safe New Year and season.

Happy New Years Rob.

Comment

Rob,
                    Happy new year to you as well.
                    A small continent of photo geeks has “developed" here.. bad pun...
                    There’s been some live photography discussion here..
                    This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

And here..
                    This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Happy New Year, Rob!

Be assured, the Katana is still safe with me.
                      2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                      2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                      2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Cheers Dave.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Rob,
                          Happy new year to you as well.
                          A small continent of photo geeks has “developed" here.. bad pun...
                          There’s been some live photography discussion here..

And here..
                          https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...m-Photo-thread
                          Thx D-Burg...

I have also started a THREAD myself. Great suggestion!

Last edited by katman; 01-10-2020, 06:31 AM.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Just found this thread. From someone who has been described as either an extremely skilled engineer (yeah right, as if !) or extremely lucky (guess which one I am??) I found the whole build unbelievable. All I did with my GS was chop the back end off and replace a few bits and it took nearly 15 years !

Hopefully your health continues to improve to the extent that you can still enjoy waking up each day.

Thanks for documenting the build, too far out of my league to consider being inspired to do the same but a great read nonetheless.
                            Attached Files
                            1978 GS750(E) I think

Comment

Working...
                            X