No announcement yet.

fuel injected turbo katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A buddy stopped by today from Toronto (other side of the country) and brough me a present. A quick parts exchange later and I had a nice billet stablizer which gives me much more room behind my head light.
    Of course I will have to grind off the old mount and weld on another one but it is worth it.

Here is where the rear res is going to live. I am making a tap off the batter box to affix it to.

I have a brembo off an r6 but my mounts are done and it would require more welding and changing my new stailess steel push rod so I am thinking that is out.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      Rob, it IS best to support the weight of the turbo with a bracket. If you leave all the weight hanging on the exhaust flanges, stuff WILL start to crack. I've seen it. How is all the clearance on everything? Did Robert leave you enough room for everything? Thanks for helping Greg with those foot pegs. Ray
      do you see any problems with sandwhiching the support between the header and the turbo? like a spacer plate kind a deal. I guess for that matter I could just weld a plate onto the header or turbo flange.

I have been told that many supports crack over time. I am thinking of adopting a slip type joint or rubber mount to help with heat expansion/contraction movement.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Rob, call me today after NOON, California time so we can look at the same picture together & I can show you where I would put the bracket. I also suggest that you finish the bike RIDEABLE before you powdercoat the frame. You won't know if you have to change something till you ride it & if something has to be moved or added to AFTER it's coated...... well, we know how that will go over! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          I also suggest that you finish the bike RIDEABLE before you powdercoat the frame.
          Hmmmmmm, sounds strangely familiar.

Originally posted by katman View Post
          I am not doing any "beauty" work though until the dryfit is done.
          Learned that lesson waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on my first build. Unfortuneatly that doesn't stop you having another idea the first week the bike is complete and finnished. I guess that is why I keep building more. Hey, when are we going to see one of your builds on here?
          Last edited by katman; 09-24-2010, 05:24 PM.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Was a real nice day today so didn't get much done on the beast. Put on the levers and controls to check tangle with the stablizer and made up a new bracket for the mini reservoir.
            Don't worry, that is not my brake hose just the mock up hose. I will be using clear "TYGON 2075". Best on the planet.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Here is a better shot of a good mounting area for Twister. Gunna run something from the cross member.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Been a little busy but will be back at her with lots more pics shortly
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Ok, riding season is over for me. Plates are off the bike, final video cut and posted.
                  Now I am thinking of camera mounts for the new project. I had some time sorting out good camera positions on the kat and had some camera issues (vibration and electromagnetic interference) so, I am sitting and pondering some invisible mount points on this beast. front and rear.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Have a look at the 5.2 ounce Contour GPS/Cam that has multiple mounting options ( wearable helmet/clothing mounts + vehicle mounts) and shoots 1080P in HD....came across it a couple days ago, on another bike site.
                    '82 GS1100E

Comment

Well, it's been a long time but I am back at her. The turbo won't materialize this season due to budget contraints. Since I spent a fortune on normally asperated parts I decided not to risk them in a turbo engine this year. The Efi is a go though.

Today I mounted a waterproof USB port on the beast cuz I hate running out of power on a ride.

Behind the iphone is a rack of led's so I have some light under the seat if need be.
                      Last edited by katman; 03-17-2011, 05:16 AM.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

A powered usb port on a bike. Too cool.

How did you knock the voltage down to 5 volts? A 7805?

Chris

Originally posted by katman View Post
                        Well, it's been a long time but I am back at her. The turbo won't materialize this season due to budget contraints. Since I spent a fortune on normally asperated parts I decided not to risk them in a turbo engine this year. The Efi is a go though.

Today I mounted a waterproof USB port on the beast cuz I hate running out of power on a ride.

Behind the iphone is a rack of led's so I have some light under the seat if need be.
                        1983 750 Katana
                        1982 750 Katana (parts use)
                        1983 RZ350

Comment

the guts out of a cig lighter charger. They are cheaper than building one and have all the circuitry.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Okay that, USB port, is just sick...I love it.

Comment

There is always a snag....

As you can see in the pics, I can charge my extra iphone battery and power an led light for seeing in the dark, but, what I can't do.... YET!!, is charge the 3GS. This phone has a different charging parameter that Apple changed with this phone. Needs more than power/ground wires. Needs low voltage to the data wires of the usb as well or it will not accept the charge.

I have it figured out, just have to work out how to put it together.

Last edited by katman; 03-17-2011, 05:15 AM.
                              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

OOOhhhh baby!!

I love it when something actually works on the 10th or 12th try.....

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X