No announcement yet.

Motocrossx23's GS750 Cafe Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a 220v line to my garage so right now I'm forced to use a tiny 20 gallon compressor, it's not enough to blast the entire motor I've seen that before, I would love to do that.

Comment

Ahhh, I see, but does it not matter on the psi the compressor puts out and not so much on how much air it holds, I know it will run out quickly and it might take a while as you wait for it to refill, but you should still get enough psi even out of the small compressor ?

I am going to try it out soon I hope, compressor is at my brothers shop, so hopefully I can get the enginie over there with no problem, and try this out.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

What about having an "extra" external air (holding) tank? Would this help the flow/impede/be useless?

Comment

Looks good! If you do make a soda blaster, be sure to wear a dust mask it comes out like flour and is bad to inhale in sizeable clouds... and that tarp won't contain its mess
          I used a brass brush out of my gun cleaning kit to get in between the fins, I think it was the .410 size. Then, once it wore down too small for the second pass, I wrapped a piece of scotch-brite around it.
          Hope that helps.

Comment

...Almost clean.

Comment

Looking good....................

I hope mine will come out as good

Did you plug all the holes before washing it ? Anything in particular that you used ?

And I really like that engine stand, would be great to have one, I could roll mine out and use the pressure washer on it, then the baking soda....

Comment

Wow, what a difference, that is looking good, this motor is going to be super sweet.

Comment

I plugged the holes with paper towels and duct tape...the exhaust ports got a little damp but I hope it doesn't effect anything. I sprayed compressed air into them to clean them out after.

Comment

Super nice job!!

Comment

Lookin really really nice man. Been watching this one for a bit without commenting but I like it.

Bottle brushes go a long way in helping ge into all those nooks for cleaning. And a crap load of nothing else to do...

Keep up the awesome work. Good to see someone making an L look good cause damn they're ugly before

Comment

Thanks dude! Yeah I finally invested in some bottle brushes and it's amazing how much quicker it is. I'm just waiting for the final coat of aircraft stripper to work it's magic and then I'm going to spray denatured alcohol over the whole thing, let it dry and then paint.

Comment

Sorry for lack of updates, been working a lot but work does pay money and money buys new toys!

I now can do everything I need to do to finish the bike on my own. I hate spending money to have people do a service or job that I know I'm capable of doing myself.

Comment

"I hate spending money to have people do a service or job that I know I'm capable of doing myself"

+1

Sci85
                            1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                            1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                            2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Was your engine originally that color or was it black, and now because of all the paint stripper and scrubbing, it has turned to silver ?

I ask because I just did my engine cleaning, and it's black, and I was not sure if using paint stripper was going to be a good idea, I wanted some of the original paint on the engine as added protection, I did manage to get all the gunk off, it is clean, but it does still have some of the original paint on it.

as you can see here

I like your new toys.....

I would do the same, but I will probably not have a need for them again.......

Comment

Update:

Went to town on the motor today, I now have it all ready to be painted...

And went over to my buddy's house and bondo'ed the tail:

Comment

Working...
                                X