No announcement yet.

Motocrossx23's GS750 Cafe Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 200 degrees, engine temps are well beyond that range lol.

Comment

Dropped my stock exhaust off at a local powder-coater/ceramic coater. I'm having it coated with a product called CermaKrome. It's going to be a satin silver color. Total price is about $180, much cheaper than an after market exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Motocrossx23 View Post
        Dropped my stock exhaust off at a local powder-coater/ceramic coater. I'm having it coated with a product called CermaKrome. It's going to be a satin silver color. Total price is about $180, much cheaper than an after market exhaust.
        Can't wait to see that.

Comment

Ohh, same here. Please post up some pics when you get it back.

Sci85
          1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
          1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
          2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

I sure will guys!

Little update on the cafe tail:

The shape is coming along great, I really love this fiber glass bondo. It's a little tough to sand but the end product will be much stronger.

Comment

I really want to wrench on this

Comment

Making good progress there, You have more patience than me, I just spent the better part of the afternoon sanding a few small fiberglass repairs in Jennifer's tailpiece and that nearly drove me to destruction.
                That tail is looking good, but, eish. looks like a lot of work.

Comment

It's actually not that bad, using 180 grit sanding blocks I can shape the fiberglass bondo pretty quick, and it's hard as a freaking rock lol

Comment

I just stumbled on this thread. Awesome work so far, can't wait to see it all together.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this. I'm doing the same thing.

Comment

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40s so I plan on painting the rest of the motor just getting over pneumonia so I haven't been too active lately.

Comment

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40s so I plan on painting the rest of the motor just getting over pneumonia so I haven't been too active lately.
                          Those paint fumes will clear you right up. Glad your able to get back at it.

Comment

Planning on getting out to the garage tonight for some sanding and working of the tail, as well as finishing up the frame as far as rear sets and unused/needed tabs and what not. I'll post pictures later!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Shaped the tail more, and put some JB weld to fill the grinding marks on the frame from when I cut it. Still have a bit more sanding but it's coming together very nice!

Comment

Ahhhh just what I need, a sandblasting unit.......

ohhh ya the rest of your work is taking shape, good going....

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Shaped the tail more, and put some JB weld to fill the grinding marks on the frame from when I cut it. Still have a bit more sanding but it's coming together very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X