81 gs650e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs650e

I recently picked up an 81 650E that needs a bit of refurbishing. I'm having trouble finding an airbox (an airbox cover, specifically), but I have found one for an 82 GS 550. From the photo it looks like the cover is the right size/shape... Anyone out there familiar enough to guess if this cover will fit my airbox? Thanks-

Originally posted by asthecrowspins View Post
    I recently picked up an 81 650E that needs a bit of refurbishing. I'm having trouble finding an airbox (an airbox cover, specifically), but I have found one for an 82 GS 550. From the photo it looks like the cover is the right size/shape... Anyone out there familiar enough to guess if this cover will fit my airbox? Thanks-
    I have a GS550 and fitted a 650 airbox to it, it fitted fine. If you want measurements then I can give them to you. Between the two diagonally opposed threaded holes that hold the lid on would be best.

Comment

Alphasports lists them as different #'s.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        Alphasports lists them as different #'s.
        Alphasports also lists these as two different part numbers:

13700-45030 and 13700-45051

One is for a '80 GS850G and the other is for a '81 GS1000G.
        Go figure.

Daniel

Comment

Daniel as I said before give me your measurement between the two screw holes on the top of your airbox.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. asthecrowspins,

You look like you're kind of new around here.

Let me share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hi Don, thanks a lot. Finally got a minute to measure; it's about 6" diagonal between holes. Sound about right?

Brendan

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
              I have a GS550 and fitted a 650 airbox to it, it fitted fine. If you want measurements then I can give them to you. Between the two diagonally opposed threaded holes that hold the lid on would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by asthecrowspins View Post
                Hi Don, thanks a lot. Finally got a minute to measure; it's about 6" diagonal between holes. Sound about right?

Brendan
                Brendan I checked tonight and mine is 6" approx. between screw holes as well, so looks like it will fit.

Give it a try, particularly if you can get one at the right price.

Comment

the piece I'm looking at dropped in price, so I'm definitely gonna give it a shot. thanks Don, and thanks all for the responses-

Comment

Working...
                  X