79 GS750LN Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS750LN Project

Hey everyone. Neighbor decided to notify me two weeks ago that he had an "old" GS350 in his shed that had been sitting for ten years. After seeing it.. it was obvious that it was much larger. Found that it was a 79 750 LN with some research. pretty cool bike. He said that he drained the gas tank and unplugged the battery before he stored it.. both statements i later found to be FALSE! the battery.. well replaced.. and the gas tank is being cleaned out.. Opened up the carbs.. and what do ya know!! its a varnish heaven in those bowls and jets!! long story short.. ran into some road blocks.. broke some stuff.. who doesnt.. getting ready to reassemble the carbs and get this puppy rolling. Wanted to make sure there wasnt anything else to check. Gear shifting seems fine (granted that i was playing with it while it wasnt moving) and also cylinders are well lubricated which save all the rings.. props on that. this was verified when i slowelly pushed down the kick start with ease. Anything else i should be made aware of? Thanks!!

I sure hope you changed the oil!!!

Comment

Welcome. I'd adjust the valves and look over the charging system. And like Adler said, change the oil.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Will the oil deteriorate over time? Also do you know of anyone who may have 750 mikuni carb calibration specs? Just wanted to make sure no one changed it before i got ahold of ththem and recorded my turns?

Comment

Working...
        X