Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question. can u put a gsxr1100 engine in a gs1100 frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question. can u put a gsxr1100 engine in a gs1100 frame?

as the title says. how easy is it to swap out the 82 gs1100 mill for a 86 gsxr one? have all the parts needed from a front end crashed gsxr1100. tried a search but didnt find what i was looking for. hopefully you gurus know. thanks in advance

Originally posted by wesmoon View Post
    as the title says. how easy is it to swap out the 82 gs1100 mill for a 86 gsxr one? have all the parts needed from a front end crashed gsxr1100. tried a search but didnt find what i was looking for. hopefully you gurus know. thanks in advance
    Since the GSXR is a little narrower, but a little taller I suspect yes, but I dont know the first thing about doing it other than going out and measuring

If impatient go look at OSS, they probably have a brief guide.

Comment

Yes, it will fit but you'll need to make new engine mounts.

Not to mention the electrical system, coils, etc. which you also need from the GSXR.

Comment

Has been done a zillion times. I suggest going to http://oldskoolsuzuki.info. Pretty common conversion over there.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Or contact Waltari. He made his own mounts for a B12 engine (same basic motor) which does not interfere with the petcock and mounts the motor farther forward.

Comment

Working...
          X